24th EIPM Annual Purchasing Conference
2 September - 3 September | Fifth Generation Purchasing
Pace & Power
Over the past years EIPM has investigated how Purchasing organisations evolve to best respond to the current changes in industry and society.More than ever, as Purchasing leaders, we are expected to deliver on multiple fronts. We are seated on a nexus of tensions and contradictions that make our work challenging, fascinating and essential.
Indeed, most of us need to:
- excel at both efficiency and innovation,
- leverage digital tools and strategic conversations,
- master standardisation and personalisation,
- provide results on both cost and sustainability performance.
In this context, one-size-fits-all approaches are irrelevant, adaptability is of utmost importance.
We need to concurrently operate different ways of working to address diverse situations. And we need to be able to move swiftly from one to another as the world evolves around us. With leading practitioners we have created a new framework that puts the pace of change at the heart of how we deliver on varied objectives and get things done.
This framework describes six work modes that Purchasing Organisations need to master. Our 2020 Conference explores how these work modes are implemented.
The six work modes are based on the speed of change and on both the demand and the supply side. Purchasing teams will need to adopt a business mindset and move swiftly from one work mode to another.
How advanced are you?
- Do you have teams capable of leading consolidation projects that add value to the business?
- Have you made significant progress on tactical buying over the past two years?
- Do you support collaboration programmes with strategic suppliers?
- Do you have teams who anticipate and accelerate as needed, acting as agile advisor to the business?
- Do you have a team that explores opportunities well beyond current major suppliers, acting as a competence centre to the business?
- Do you have people who lead and support exploratory projects with a business mindset?
If you have answered yes to these questions, you qualify as a Fifth Generation Purchasing Organisation that delivers all their goals and masters all the required practices to excel.
Speakers, Guests & Facilitators
- Thomas Andre, CPO - Procurement Director France, Capgemini
- Emmanuel Erba, Group Chief Procurement Officer - Executive Vice President, Capgemini
- Dominique Lebigot, CPO, LVMH Wines & Spirits
- Hervé Legenvre, Professor & Director of the Value Creation Observatory, EIPM
- Didier Michaud-Daniel, CEO, Bureau VERITAS
- Fabrice Thomas, Vice President / General Manager Global Supply Chain, Agilent Technologies
- VENUE: Saint James Albany Hotel (see on the map below).
- COORDINATES: Lat : 48.864497 Long : 2.330855
- PARKING: Two public car parks nearby: Marché Saint-Honoré and Pyramides (three minute walk).
- GALA DINNER: Pullman Tour Eiffel (Salon Trocadero, prime view over the Eiffel Tower).
- SUGGESTED ACCOMODATION: Click HERE to benefit from the preferential rates from hotels nearby the event venue.