- Time type Fulltime
- Posted on 14-11-2022
- Job requisition id R-49717
- Location: Weena 455, Rotterdam – the Netherlands
- Local conditions apply
- Salary: 44-65 K gross depending on background and experience
Unilever is one of the world`s largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) businesses, with interest across Personal Care, Homecare, Refreshment and Foods product categories. We reach 2 billion consumers a day. It has 161,000 employees. We make products that people love – and that make a difference. Nutritious foods. Household care essentials. Indulgent ice creams. Refreshing teas. Luxurious shampoos. Affordable, disease-combating soaps… and many more. In fact, we make around 400 much-loved brands including global brands such as Knorr & Dove, but also local brand such as Calvé (the Netherlands) and Suave (the Americas) and of course our products of the Vegetarian Butcher. Shoppers buy them in more than 190 countries. That means you’ll find at least one of our products in seven out of ten households on the planet. And we want every one of those products to make a positive impact on the lives of the people who buy them.
We want our business to flourish, and we know that our success depends on others flourishing around us. That’s why our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace, and why sustainable, long-term growth is at the heart of our business model.
Within Oleochemicals, Quats and Amines portfolio deals with key workhorse surfactants for Fabric Enhancers, Bleaches and Hair Conditioners. Unilever spends ~200 mE for these materials and is one of the world’s largest consumers globally, making Quats & Amines one of the largest portfolios in Naturals network. In addition, this role also manages sourcing the Palm-based feedstocks for Quats & Amines from Unilever Oleochemical Indonesia plant and major Palm oil traders and manufacturers.
Competitive & Resilient Buying
- Making commercial negotiation/e-tender strategy of materials in the portfolio and execution
- Ensure competitive buying through should-cost model analysis, feedstock covers, Blendflex opportunities, market price movement monitoring
- Understand the value chain and exploit each step in the chain to get the most cost efficient Quats
- Ensure security of key materials through development of contingency plans and alternative materials/suppliers
- End-to-end relationship & contract management of several suppliers (global, regional, Partner-to-Win)
- Commercial Negotiations, e-Tenders
- OTIF (on time in full) delivery of innovation projects
- Cost & Cash – savings idea generation, representation of portfolio in global/regional gross margin workshops, cost savings reporting’s and pipeline tracking
- Price forecasting for overall portfolio and impact explanation to markets
- Sustainability – Onboard and partner with suppliers to deliver the sustainability commitments of Unilever (Deforestation-free Palm, Home Care Clean Future strategy)
- Account management – For supplier onboarding and compliance (e.g. responsible sourcing policy, quality compliance, etc) and contracting (creation, update, sign-off), Specification sign-off, Quality&Service management
- Relationship management/business reviews
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
Candidate is expected to:
- Be a self-starter with high accountability & responsibility standards.
- Have good negotiation skills
- Be outstanding in generation of ideas that are forward thinking and can create sustained competitive
- Be good at stakeholder management, relationship building (with people across functions, cultures,
geographies, and companies) and selling ideas to his/her business partners, internally and externally
Be curious and have a strong desire to learn and adopt new tools and approaches
- Be able to work independently and virtually
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a good eye for detail
- Minimum 3 years of Procurement experience
- Experience working with cross-functional/cultural teams in multiple geographies and time zones
- Experience in Oleochemicals industry/Chemical Engg background is preferred
Join Unilever and our team! To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Please note this is a Direct Search led by Unilever. Applications from agencies will not be accepted, nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against.
By highlighting the gender diversity at the workplace, Unilever encourages women equally men to apply. If you look for a job after a long career break or after any type of leave, do not hesitate to apply.
NOTES: Please save a copy of this vacancy for personal use as it will disappear from the website after closing of the role. Deadline for applying is at 23.59 the day before the Job Posting End Date.
Better Business. Better World. Better You.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years.