Associate Sourcing Director Biologics Contract Manufacturing and Biotech Innovation – Animal Health28 x bekeken
This job is available in 5 locations. (You'll be able to select your prefered location/s during the apply process); Antares, Brussels, Belgium, Krems An Der Donau, Austria, El Montalvo Parc.39, Salamanca, Spain, Boxmeer, Netherlands, Madison, New Jersey, United States of America.
Job Type: Full Time
In this position you will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team working on projects in a category that is known for driving world class innovation. You will be responsible for the role of Managing our Biologics contract manufacturers, will roll out identified outsourcing opportunities for our large molecules manufacturing platform, and shall introduce and enhance innovations through biotechnology.
Do you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Science, Business or Engineering and at least 10 years of industry experience and 5-7 years of relevant sourcing experience?
We are currently looking for an:
Associate Sourcing Director Biologics Contract Manufacturing and Biotech Innovation – Animal Health
This position can be based in Madison (NJ-USA), Upper Gwynedd (PA-USA), Boxmeer (The Netherlands), Brussels (Belgium), Vienna/ Krems (Austria), or Salamanca (Spain)
Welcome in our team
Animal Health-Global Supplier Management (AH-GSM) is a department within our Animal Health Division. AH-GSM is an organization of approximately 90 professionals with the common objective of compliant, competitive, and innovative acquisition of goods & services from leading suppliers and partners that deliver a competitive advantage to our company. AH-GSM manages a large amount of third party spend through an organizational structure encompassing the global leverage of center-led categories and regional operating resources.
As an Associate Director you will join a collaborative team working on projects in a category that is known for driving world class innovation and achieve maximum value through close relationship with suppliers that are developed and managed as partners. You will be responsible for leading the global strategic sourcing of:
- Outsourcing projects and working with CRO’s and CMO’s (or CDMO’s) in relationship within Large Molecule networking to ensure quality and compliant products are sourced and delivered on time to our manufacturing sites at the best overall cost and manages supplier relationships within the Animal Health Division.
- Sourcing of specific biological products as key components in the manufacturing of vaccines in the category of Eggs and Birds and their equivalents
- Biotech innovation and development projects to support our continuous process improvement ambition. The candidate will embrace Innovation in this field through linking with Suppliers that offer Innovative alternatives, or through CRO’s and CMO’s to help influencing higher value alternatives.
- in keeping with our entrepreneurial organization, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to support business development projects and be supportive through his/her expertise
You will take an active role in the development of global procurement strategy, category management, contract management, risk management and stakeholder management, with a key focus on supplier value management of the suppliers.
- The function directly reports to the Director Categories and Innovation at Animal Health.
- Strong working relationship within the Large Molecules Platform Leads, R&D teams, NPI teams, Quality, EHS, Global Pharm and Bio Technical Operations and all functions that affect the Biological supply base.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing of commercial and specific antigens and biological products;
- Innovation – Be able to understand the technical requirements of operations and convert into strategic sourcing solutions;
- Leadership - As the category leader, the incumbent is responsible to develop then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance and delivery of required business performance;
- Stakeholder Management - Provide the leadership, strategy and policy for the function by building a high performance engagement model with the business stakeholder in multiple geographic regions;
- Performance - Drive competitive sourcing events (RFIs & RFPs) and support vendor selection, commercial negotiation, and market awareness;
- Procurement - Serve as a leader and exemplar of Sourcing Management;
- Supplier Value Management - Implement Supplier Value Management with the key suppliers to foster innovation, manage supplier performance, establish a Governance Model, and ensure continuous improvement with a focus on OpEx activities;
- Outsourcing Manufacturing (including Network Actions) => bidding, evaluating proposals, leading make vs. buy analysis, implementing and managing Contract Management organizations;
- Business Development => supporting the analysis, acquisition and integration of companies/products and balancing within the network;
- Miscellaneous – Incumbent may be asked to support other areas of the business including but not limited to: Departmental Projects => Supporting projects that drive our goals and metrics.
Our Animal Health division is committed to protecting and improving animal health, welfare and performance. In close cooperation with veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments, we develop an unrivaled range of veterinary pharmaceutical products, vaccines and health management solutions and services. We are one of the first companies to focus on biological R&D for animal health.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Science, Business or Engineering;
- At least 5 to 7 years of industry experience and 5 to 7 years of relevant sourcing experience in the animal health, pharmaceutical, biotech or food industry with a strong biotechnological footprint;
- Strong background in strategic sourcing and /or background in sterile process manufacturing in the field of vaccines and pharmaceutical products. Knowledge in the field of API or antigens is an asset;
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, negotiation, analytical, and project management skills;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, problem solving, and team building abilities and sensitivity to diverse cultures;
- Ability to work independently with minimal coaching. Able to be the one face of Animal Health to the external party;
- Excellent command of the English language, a good command of any other additional European language would be an asset;
- Living close to one of the job locations and willing to travel up to approximately 25% of your time.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Animal Health, Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical industry experience;
- Strong background in strategic sourcing and /or background in sterile process manufacturing in the field of vaccines;
- Experience/ strong knowledge about biological outsourcing;
- Ability to work with oligopolistic markets;
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous and complex projects requiring frequent communication, organizing/time management and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to translate strategic vision into actionable plans and manage the change required to execute;
- Expert knowledge of technology sourcing activities including should cost, activity-based costing RFP development, bid response evaluation, and contract negotiations;
- Strong negotiating and contracting skills essential; global experience;
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to deal with ambiguous and dynamic situation;
- Ability to work with senior management with professionalism and discretion;
- Experience working with internal legal operations;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people from many different disciplines.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits depend on the job location but are in certainly very competitive.
Who we are…
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for…
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at [email protected] We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
- Employee Status: Regular
- Relocation: No relocation
- VISA Sponsorship: No
- Travel Requirements: 25%
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Not Specified, Work Week
- Shift: Not Indicated
- Valid Driving License: Yes
- Hazardous Material(s): Number of Openings: 1
- Requisition ID: R46315