Buyer53 x bekeken
Applied Medical, a global medical device company, invites exceptional individuals to pursue a career in our progressive organization. With approximately 3,500 dedicated team members across the globe and our state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in the United States and The Netherlands, we are one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the medical device industry.
Within our European headquarters, located in Amersfoort (NL), we develop, manufacture and support the implementation of our products across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. What connects us all is our common goal to provide exceptionally innovative surgical products that enhance procedures and patient outcomes both clinically and economically.
We are looking for an experienced buyer to join our team at Applied Medical’s European headquarters in Amersfoort (NL).
- In this role you will be responsible for the operational procurement activities in the European organization by obtaining and analyzing competitive quotations, negotiating terms, establishing purchasing agreements, placing orders and supplier market research.
- Furthermore, the Buyer plays an important role in strategic purchasing projects and supplier management.
- The Buyer is part of the Procurement team in Amersfoort and reports to the Manager Procurement.
- The Buyer interacts with all stakeholders in the organization with a special focus on the procurement activities for manufacturing and maintenance.
- The Buyer works for designated projects closely with the purchasing department in the US organization.
- Obtain and analyze quotes and competitive bids
- Negotiate contracts, pricing and terms with suppliers
- Place purchase orders and follow up to ensure on-time deliveries
- Resolve quality, pricing and delivery issues with suppliers
- Interact with accounts payable and receiving functions to settle invoice and delivery discrepancies
- Assist the Cost Accountant with standard cost prices activities
- Work on special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor degree (hbo) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a high-tech industry
- Solid knowledge of purchasing, sourcing, quality and accounting related processes
- Successful negotiation skills with suppliers
- Work experience with an ERP system, SAP preferred
- Basic skills in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication in Dutch and English
- Amersfoort, Netherlands
What we offer
- A challenging position within a fast growing, dynamic and innovative company
- Informal and international work environment with over 30 nationalities
- Good remuneration package including pension and travel allowance
- Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning
- Many teambuilding, wellness and volunteer opportunities
- Modern work environment including an excellent restaurant
At Applied Medical, we believe in the power of working together to make a positive and meaningful difference. Our common goal is to improve healthcare through meeting the needs of clinicians and patients. Our team members enjoy an environment that allows opportunity for growth and choice in individual career paths as they develop their skills and knowledge. We are dedicated to creating an environment where team members of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged and acknowledged.
Applied Medical is looking for exceptional people who share in our mission and are driven to make a difference in the lives of others. We look forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter in English. Please look at our website; www.appliedmedical.com for more information about our company.
A “Certificate of Good Conduct” (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) is part of our recruitment procedure.Bronlocatie van deze vacature