At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45.000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. Fluor offers Project Management and EPCM support in all phases of the project life cycle based on the following three business groups:
- Energy Solutions – This group focuses on energy transition, chemicals, LNG and traditional oil and gas markets. Fluor pursues new opportunities emerging in the energy transition markets including carbon capture, green chemicals, hydrogen, biofuels and other low carbon energy sources. At the same time, Fluor continues to be an engineering and construction leader in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
- Urban Solutions – Urbanization continues to drive demand and create significant growth opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions in mining, metals, advanced technologies, manufacturing, life sciences, infrastructure and professional staffing.
- Mission Solutions – As a leading provider of mission solutions, Fluor primarily focuses on federal agencies across the U.S. government and select international opportunities.
We are hiring a Project Buyer to join our Material Management team in Hoofdorp office.
In this role you will report to the Project Procurement Manager and you will have the overall responsibility for the complete purchasing process of the engineered packages, equipment and/or materials assigned to you.
Your main tasks will be:
- Perform market research to identify suitability and availability of vendors to provide required technical solutions and equipment/materials.
- Obtain confidentiality agreements from selected bidders, if required.
- Liaise with other disciplines to ensure quality, schedule and budget requirements are met.
- Prepare and issue request for quotations (RFQ) to bidders.
- Manage the communication and clarifications to bidders during the tendering process.
- Facilitate and lead bid clarification meetings with bidders.
- Review, analyze and negotiate commercial items and contractual terms and conditions.
- Develop full commercial evaluation of bids and award recommendations.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders (PO) to selected vendors.
- Manage post-award purchasing activities (change orders, supplier performance, contractual deviations, claims, etc.)
- Assist in supplier invoice verification/approval process and payment issues.
- Provide input to supplier performance evaluation.
- Close out of purchase orders.
- Generate documents, organize, and manage files used to maintain tracking data and reports.
- Maintain the high ethical standards expected from a Material Management professional.
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Experience of minimum 6 years in procurement of technical goods and/or in industrial investment projects.
- Commercial and/or technical Bachelor degree (or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience if non-degreed).
- Good commercial and influencing skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, new ideas or different ways of working.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of packages or projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in English.
- Knowledge of IT tools
Other Job Requirements
- Experience working with expediting, inspection and logistics specialists.
- Legal background (or knowledge of contractual terms).
- Knowledge of Workday or SAP procurement environment.
- Experience with Scrum, Lean, Agile methodologies (or willingness to learn in practice).
What Fluor can offer:
- 32-40 hour workweek
- Activity based working: Flexible workspace, with the option to work from home
- Excellent learning opportunities to enhance knowledge
Degree Required: Yes
Requisition Number: 131202BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.