- Location: Delft
- Posted on: 21-10-2022
- Job requisition id: R-9535
Team overview and job responsibilities:
Based in Delft, you will be working within an international environment and be responsible for driving Raw Material commodity strategies, processes and decisions in the Netherlands together with the Raw Materials Purchasing Manager and the local teams at the four plants in the Netherlands.
Your daily duties will include, and you will be responsible on the following:
- Market research and enquiries at domestic and international level to identify potential suppliers
- Screen supply markets for innovative opportunities
- Handling the supplier qualification process, ensuring systematic comparisons of new suppliers with those qualified in the past
- Forecasting and benchmarking price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier relations
- Propose and execute cost effectiveness and optimization projects
- Manage the sourcing and procurement relationship with relevant stakeholders
- Receiving and verifying the purchase requests issued by internal customers
- Managing material master data and contracts in SAP
- Managing deviations in the P2P process
- Optimizing, costs, inventories and guaranteeing the proper availability of the Material to the plants.
- Responsible to support the activities regarding your product groups at regional and global level giving you the opportunity to be part of the global purchasing team.
- Sending RFQ to suppliers and benchmarking the offers,
- Creating purchase orders, sending the purchase orders to suppliers, following up order confirmations,
- Data update in SAP (Material master data, purchase cost, contract prices),
- Creating material codes in SAP,
- Reporting (Cost/Vendor Performance/Benchmarking),
- Manage P2P process workflows,
- Supplier non conformity management
- Manage the sourcing and procurement relationship with relevant stakeholders (SC/R&D/Operations/Finance)
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a person who can drive change with hands on mentality, willing to grow and who is passionate about a permanent position in a world leading Group. We are looking for the following skills and motivations:
- Procurement experience of 5-7 years the area of Direct Procurement
- Degree in Business administration or Engineering,
- Solid understanding of the Procurement and category management function, process and organization
- Being able to analyze, structure and manage a complex commodity in a growing market
- Knowledge of supply contracts
- Project management skills and competencies
- Strong “commercial DNA”
- Strong knowledge of Data Analysis, Data Management, Excel, analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and able to build relationships with different stakeholders
- Strong in prioritization skills
- Professional fluency in Dutch and English
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.
We are almost 29.000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us.