Hybrid – Zeist, Assen, Suameer, Hoogezand, Gennep, Cuijk – Full time – 23-01-2023 – Essity220295
About the Role
You will be joining a driven team of buyers in the Netherlands! As a Buyer you carry out tactical buying process and RFX projects for the sites within the Procurement Operations cluster. The new organization will enable and foster that you work across sites in scope. You will take responsibility for several categories across sites. The tasks are assigned through the Procurement system and priorities are set by the Procurement Operations Manager.
You will always be handling several tasks for several sites simultaneously. Both Buyers and Global/Regional Category Managers will be supported by the Analysts in the Tender and Bid team – depending on availability/priority – with analysis, procurement event support, e-auctions, and market analysis.
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we’d love to talk.
What You Will Do
- To manage risk and lead negotiations for all local categories across locations, using appropriate e-sourcing tools and techniques. Ensuring appropriate contingency plans are in place in accordance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Align with requester on missing specification and clarify user requirements relating to free-text requests (one-time purchases)
- To support Business Partnering to drive continuous improvement through cost saving projects, organising trials, implementing supplier changes and tracking savings
- Provide content for content management admin for catalog/form enablement
- Identify suppliers as per the category instructions (preferred supplier list) and execute quick RfQ directly in S4 environment/ work with procurement analyst to launch event in Ariba module
- Ensure compliance with Essity procedures, purchasing policy and financial instructions
- Actively exchange best practice in the buyer team
Deliver Procurement Efficiency
- Identify and execute saving initiatives
- Highlight opportunities to bundle and contract volumes
- Review buying channel mapping regularly for the local categories
Execute procurement strategy (in area of responsibility)
- Execute and implement procurement strategy in area of responsibility
- Building sustainable relationships with suppliers
Ensure Master Data Quality in area of responsibility
- Approve supplier request and ensure supplier compliance with local categories
- Ensure high quality of Vendor Master Data
- Ensure an up-to-date source list (Contract/ Catalog /Purchase Info Records) for local suppliers
- Contribute to Procurement Excellence
- Provide insight to improvement system efficiency
- Escalate supplier to SQM and Category Management and system/process issues to Procurement Excellence to ensure continuous improvement
Who You Are
- A Bachelor degree with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, finance, technical background, procurement, or comparable professional education
- 3+ years of experience in similar or adequate role in procurement environment
- Ability to prioritize amongst several tasks and activities: strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and navigate in a complex organization through solid interpersonal skills
- Pro-active attitude and commercial mindset
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English
- Analytical mindset and data savvy (Excel e.g.)
- drivers license
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe everyone’s learning and professional development is unique and want to empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and Inclusive Culture | Empowering & Engaged Leaders | Working with Powerful Purpose & Sustainable Impact | Learning and Growing in your Career | Supporting Well-being & Sustainable Working Life | Life-changing Innovations | Competitive Total rewards
In this job, hybride working is possible. As you will visit our plants regularly it would be great if you live nearby one of our plants (Zeist, Gennep, Cuijk, Suameer, Hoogezand, Assen).
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.
Application End Date: 12 feb. 2023
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company. We are dedicated to improving well-being through our products and services. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and other strong brands, such as Actimove, JOBST, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Nosotras, Saba, Tempo, TOM Organic, Vinda and Zewa. Essity has about 46,000 employees. Net sales in 2021 amounted to approximately SEK 122bn (EUR 12bn). The company’s headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and Essity is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Essity breaks barriers to well-being and contributes to a healthy, sustainable and circular society. More information at www.essity.com