Harderwijk | € 65.000 – € 78.000 per year
- International company
- Door and window systems
At Kawneer in Harderwijk, we work with high-quality aluminum systems to meet all technical specifications and requirements down to the millimetre. From curtain walls to frames and window and door systems, our products, combined with next-generation technologies, enable architects, contractors and glaziers to deliver extraordinary results that transcend the design and construction process.
- Local Buyer executes on relevant local procurement strategies and measures activities in close cooperation with the local Procurement Manager.
- The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the Kawneer NL plant, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the Procurement team.
- This role ensures the optimal collaboration with all services to achieve best procurement results.
- Collects and analyses the purchasing needs of the company and participates with the requestor in drafting technical documentation for the competitive bids of his commodities
- Manages local tenders (RFQ), conducts suppliers’ negotiation, and sets up the contracts
- Manages local contracts (indirect and direct) and local projects
- Executes on savings initiatives and initiates counter measures if necessary
- Communicates supplier issues (Score-card suppliers done by the Supply-Chain and the Quality department)
- Participates in supplier meetings
- Monitors suppliers’ performance and organizes quarterly meetings with Procurement Manager
- Supports the local Procurement Manager (Internal and external audits, projects for materials and scheduling, implementation of key strategic initiatives, …)
- Qualifies alternative local suppliers as needed and manages supply risks with the Supply-Chain team
- Ensures an economic and technology watch
- negotiation skills
- have legal knowledges and know how to negotiate and manage contracts
- have a financial sensitivity to monitor the financial status of suppliers
- Suppliers’ audits with the Quality department (Contractor’s compliance)
- Internal audit monthly tests
- Supplier sets up on SharePoint and manages the D&B report
- Monitoring the potential saving identified
- Business school or Engineer’s degree or from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Engineering, Procurement, Finance, or Supply Chain.
- At ease with technical products
- Construction or architectural systems experience (prefer experience In storefront entrances and framing systems)
- Ability to travel up to 30% to local suppliers’ sites
- Fluently speaking skills In English and Dutch
Procurement & Supply Chain
Procurement / Spend Analysis
Industrial / Manufacturing