Buyer Apparel162 x bekeken
Specialismes: Product Related
Foot Locker is currently recruiting for a Buyer for our Apparel team. This role will be part of an international & fast-paced team. The position will be based in the European Headquarters in Vianen, The Netherlands and reports to the Senior Director Buying Apparel.
Foot Locker is a leading global athletic footwear and apparel retailer, catering to the sneaker enthusiast and youth culture - If it’s at Foot Locker, it’s #Approved. Our 800+ brick and mortar and online stores offer the latest in athletically-inspired footwear and apparel. Foot Locker provides the best selection of premium products for a wide variety of activities, including basketball, running, and training. Foot Locker has over 1800 store located in more than 21 countries across the globe including approx. 850 in Europe. In addition, our online presence through apps, webstores and digital experiences help us engage our customers at all times.
The Buyer’s main function is to build product lines in tune with divisional merchandise strategies that generate targeted sales, profit and liquidation levels.
The identification of sports/fashion trends, regular communication with the Customer Experience & Sales team, and regular market visits are key elements to building a successful product range. Negotiations with vendors on quantity, delivery deadlines and price are fundamental aspects of the job, geared towards maximising the company’s profits and surpassing margin goals.
One of the key buyer responsibilities is to establish effective working relationships with vendors to strengthen business and support company strategies. Past and predicted vendor performance & fashion trends will help the buyer determine product strategy for the coming seasons, within which the buyer should identify ‘key items’ that are expected to drive department sales throughout the current period.
To be a successful in this role buyer you will need commercial awareness, creative flair and excellent analytical skills
- Identifies trends thru the eyes of the customer – embraces the “sneaker culture”
- Gains critical marketplace /competitive insights that impact the business
- Brief vendors on relevant trends for the Foot Locker muse
- Influences the vendors in incorporating relevant trends into the line
- Develop and build a strategic business plan for the department based on current performance and future trends
- Ensure department merchandise strategies are consistent with company’s division level strategic plan
- Anticipate future trends, opportunities and consequences accurately and creates a plan of action to get in front of them
- Build a relevant assortment that incorporates current and future business trends
- Ensure there is a good/better/best tiered assortment
- Develop assortments based on regional trends and relevance
- Understands components of OTB and uses forward thinking to manage the business
- Together with Planner, ensure style plan aligns with Financial Plan, Merchandise Strategy, and business plan
- Builds working relationships with vendors and colleagues to strengthen business and support company strategies
- Compile and analyze vendor results at department and category level
- Partners with vendors early to influence the product development and assortment.
- Ensure department vendor strategy and targets align with division strategy
- Recommend and support joint vendor initiatives
In Season Management
- Analyzes business & consumer data that create insights that lead to action plans
- Understands customer cross channel shopping behavior and how to leverage buys through all channels
- Recommend category and brand actions (promotions, marketing, markdowns and cancellations) to Key business partners
- Partner with Planner to create 12 month rolling forecast linked to financial plans and review with divisional management
- University or College degree in Fashion/Business or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a trend driven, high volume company
- Fully aware and tuned into the youth market (18-25years)
- Understanding of the European consumer and regional differences
- Requires awareness of what is trending from a “sports fashion” perspective – both from a high fashion, aspirational perspective as well as a local, start up perspective.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be opportunistic – can see business opportunities
- Proven track record in building successful product ranges
- Experienced & skilled in conducting effective negotiations
- Sound problem solving and decision making abilities
- Business mathematical skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and with own initiative
- Sound business/commercial awareness, high concern for effectiveness, entrepreneurial
- Enthusiastic, goal oriented team player with a desire to join the biggest in the business
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Microsoft office – spreadsheet functionality (excel, etc.) required
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Foot Locker is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Corporate Office - Vianen Ir. DS Tuijnmanweg 3-5
Buying & Planning Foot Locker
Job Id: 20448