BALR. is an international luxury lifestyle brand. BALR. was founded in 2013 and in recent years we have grown into an international lifestyle brand that is known for our high-quality fashion, travel products and accessories for men. Inspired, focused and in-sync with our young and ambitious audience, we bring the luxury lifestyle of the very best athletes within reach of those who work hard to achieve their dream.
Our headquarters is based in Amsterdam where departments such as Design & Product Development, E-commerce and Marketing work closely together to share the life of a BALR. with millions of fans all around the world. As we are rapidly growing internationally, we are looking to hire a Buyer with experience in the fashion and lifestyle industry.
Design & Product Development – Amsterdam, Netherlands
As Buyer at BALR. you are responsible for the end to end sourcing and procurement process for the complete BALR. product range, from footwear to travel and from denim to accessories. In this important role you will co-develop and implement procurement strategies for each collection. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be working closely with Design & Product Development, Supply Chain, Finance and our sales channels Retail, Wholesale and E-commerce. As the go-to-person for our suppliers, it is important to build and maintain strong relationships in order to be successful. Your ultimate goal is to help deliver exclusive and high-quality collections.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders (such as Design & Product Development, Supply Chain and Finance) to develop, implement and execute effective sourcing and procurement strategies for several categories;
- Understanding business needs in order to align the procurement strategy with business priorities;
- Monitoring and following up contracts with current suppliers to ensure achievements of KPI’s and collaborative relationships;
- Sourcing of new suppliers that fit the high-quality standards of our brand and collections, this requires international business trips;
- Negotiation of the best possible terms and conditions with current and new suppliers, national as well as international;
- Analyzing and managing performance of suppliers, gain relevant insights and reporting insights to the Director of Operations;
- Acting as a trusted advisor to your business partners, the Board included.
At BALR. we are looking for an entrepreneurial Buyer with a network of international suppliers within the lifestyle and fashion industry. You have a commercial mindset and negotiating is your second nature. With an excellent knowledge of the market and its trends, you are an inspirer and advisor for your stakeholders, internally as well as externally. It is important you feel comfortable in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- Master’s degree;
- 3-5 years of experience as a Buyer, within an international scale-up environment;
- Experience in the luxury fashion and/or lifestyle industry is an absolute must;
- Proven track record in developing and implementing sourcing and procurement strategies;
- Network of international suppliers, what fit the high standards of our brand;
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and quality;
- Strong with processing data, good with numbers and works easily with computer programs like Excel.
- You are up to date on the latest trends within the market and able to share your knowledge in an inspiring way;
- Fluent in Dutch and excellent English communication skills, both verbal and in writing;
- Based in or near Amsterdam and available for a fulltime position.
- You are a strong communicator with excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- You are hands-on and you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset;
- You are an energetic person, always on the ball and a real goalgetter.
- A crucial and challenging role within a fast-growing international lifestyle brand and the opportunity to make real impact;
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits, such as pension scheme;
- Plenty of room for your own initiatives and personal growth;
- Great colleagues who all share the same dream and drive to build the brand;
- A game room where you can challenge your colleagues for foosball or ping pong;
- An ambitious, dynamic and fun working environment with entrepreneurial teams;
- Catered daily lunch at the office.
Are you up for the challenge? First, click on the button below.