Buyer Tools, Safety and Maintenance74 x bekeken
Specialismes: Product Related
Zamro is a young, ambitious e-commerce company crazy about technical parts and tools. Backed by a global leader in the market of technical products, we are the new player on the MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) market. Our ambition is to become the leading supplier in Europe for industrial supplies. Our total portfolio exceeds 550.000 items, ranging from tools and consumables to highly specialised machine parts. At the moment, we are already active in three different markets (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany). Zamro is continuously looking for relevant expansions of our assortment. But we are also actively looking for optimising availability and margin by resourcing existing assortment. In addition, we are setting up our own warehouse, as to have full control over the supply chain for products for which this is crucial. At the moment we are looking for a Buyer!
What are you going to do as our New Buyer?
We are looking for a Buyer who can focus on 1) Commercial opportunities to expand our assortment and 2) take ownership in contractual and commercial agreements of supplier base. The focus of the buyer will be on the Tools, Safety and Maintenance products and potentially some other product groups as well.
You will support the Category Manager Tools, Safety and Maintenance in assortment expansion, alternative sourcing channels and margin optimisation by doing research and perform analyses. Analysis and research could range from quantitative (data analysis on markets, competitors, sales performance) to qualitative (interviews, attending at fairs and conferences etc). Based on your input you will together with the Category Manager decide to onboard new portfolio or connect new sourcing opportunities. In your role it will be essential to find the complementary subjects were the opportunities lie in a potential cooperation (i.e. push on volume, market penetration, product introductions, reach specific customer segment, etc).
We have a lot of big MRO Brands and Manufacturers in our portfolio and together we have the ambition to drive sustainable business. As Buyer you will be responsible for aligning and monitoring the contractual and negotiating commercial agreements with the brands. This will mean frequent contact moments with stakeholders, setting up commercial/marketing plans, reporting business and operational performance.
Besides the Category management team you will work closely with Logistics to keep focus on stock management (working capital, new sourcing channels, replenishment) and Marketing (translate commercial goals to marketing campaigns and merchandising). You will have support but also a lot of freedom to execute your role in a way your find to be most effective.
What are you going to do?
- Build long-term relationships with our suppliers
- Negotiate deals on price, service levels, co-marketing
- Optimize margin, working capital, and sales
- Follow up on SLA and contract agreements
- Clear all necessary paperwork for international deals
- Set up processes for buying
- Initiate data on-boarding projects and EDI connections with suppliers
- Collaborate with Logistics to set up processes for replenishment
- Collaborate with Product Management to set assortment/supplier priorities
- Analyze the market for sourcing opportunities
- Learn from the market and help Zamro to develop new ideas
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Buying, Business Development, Sales or a related role (within EU is a must)
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience with the product groups
- Fluency in reading and writing in either Dutch or German is a must
- Strong communicator & social skills
- Data and target driven
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and other nice perks
- Nice and bright colleagues, Category Management colleagues who are analytical and high on energy
- No bureaucracy, limited defined roles and paths
- Fast learning experience due to immediate scale-up potential
- Feedback and access to an online learning platform
- Healthy lunch (or tosti's), social outing and Friday drinks (if you like to)
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam, next to Central Station