Category Buyer177 x bekeken
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands | Date Posted: Jul 3, 2019 | 190005NW
Our solutions help our customers build a better world.
Caterpillar Work Tools in 's-Hertogenbosch is a subsidiary of Caterpillar inc. This is an American multinational operating in more than 200 countries. Our 210 employees design, manufacture and sell Work Tools for excavators, wheel loaders etc. Caterpillar focuses on diversity, inclusion and innovation.
As Category Buyer, you will be a part of the Excavation Supply Management team reporting to a worldwide organization. You will provide supply network solutions expertise using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value. This is an entry level Buyer role.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and execute the global product group strategy in the areas of purchasing policy, agreements, suppliers and special acquisition programs.
- Assessing and independently visiting (inter)national (potential) suppliers. Travel up to 25%.
- Acting as the first point of contact between Caterpillar and (international) suppliers for global / regional initiatives.
- Acting as lead buyer for (international) suppliers who deliver different products to multiple Caterpillar locations.
- Drawing up and executing a purchasing action plan per product group on the basis of the sourcing strategies.
- Negotiate the most favourable conditions for the organization.
- Perform benchmarks and identify financial and supply risks.
- Leading cost improvement initiatives and draft proposals for cost reduction.
Requirements for the job:
- English language in word and writing;
- HBO working level with procurement experience;
- Experience with production/assembly and supply chain;
- Quality assurance and cost calculations;
- Tools and techniques of 6-Sigma would be appreciated;
- Working with automated systems.
Good to know:
- Closing date will be July 26th, 2019.
- Primary location will be Den Bosch, the Netherlands
- Salary grade CAO 10
For more information about the position, you can contact: Cindy Wessels (073-6399616 or Wessels_cindy@cat.com)Bronlocatie van deze vacature