Category Buyer - (Job Number: 180002ER)102 x bekeken
Specialismes: Product Related
Caterpillar Work Tools & Services (CWTS) in 's-Hertogenbosch is a subsidiary of Caterpillar inc. CWTS designs, manufactures and sells Work Tools for excavators, wheel loaders etc. and currently has 210 employees.
Our external and internal customers characterize themselves by their great dynamism. Caterpillar focuses on diversity, inclusion and innovation. We also organize activities for local charities.
As Category Buyer, you will be a part of the Excavation Supply Management team. You will provide supply network solutions expertise using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value. This is an entry level Buyer role.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Major Role: To serve as the primary contact between Caterpillar and the supply base for global/regional initiatives, including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers, being the recognized expert for his or her assigned portion of the global category, supports development and execution of global category strategies, and drives performance excellence in QCLDM through direct leverage with the supply base. Buyer works closely with Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) and Product Procurement personnel. Buyer may also be a Supplier Lead for suppliers with multiple source buyers to help to manage the supplier relationship for that supplier’s location. This role is responsible and accountable for the development, communication and implementation of a regional and worldwide sourcing strategy. Responsible for the development, management and execution of the global category strategy managing policies, agreements, source matrices and special procurement programs; and accountable for the liaison with the corresponding source buyers.
Leadership: Provide leadership for strategic sourcing- qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management – capacity & financial, logistics, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management – Total cost of acquisition (TCA) assurance, supplier on boarding/off boarding, lead/response time optimization and resource management decisions. Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing. Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
Strategy: You will actively participate on 6 Sigma Strategic Sourcing teams to develop an understanding of the current performance of the supply network, evaluate strategic options, decide a course of action, and begin implementation. This role will also develop knowledge of the Product, NPI, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Category Strategies.
Supplier Development: Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers. Build and foster mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organizational level.Required Qualifications:
- The position requires a Bachelor degree or equivalent experience (purchasing, logistics and/or engineering).
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
- NEVI 1 and/or 2 certificate.
- Functional leadership.
- Capable of leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
- Ability to use data analytics to problem solve.
- Ability to provide organized and timely project leadership.
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form.
- Fluent in the English and Dutch language is required.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles as applied by Caterpillar and our suppliers.
- An assessment (targeted selection) is part of the selection procedure
- Provide/upload your Curriculum Vitae in English
- Vacancy will be posted internal & external at the same time
- This is a regular position (starting with year contract)
- The position may require (frequent) travel (in Europe)
- Closing Date (Period for Applying) – Internal/external March 30, 2018
- Primary Location: Den Bosch, The Netherlands
- Salary is currently evaluated. Expected salary grade CAO 10
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Unposting Date - Mar 31, 2018
Primary Location - Netherlands - 's-Hertogenbosch
Job - Purchasing & Procurement