Category Buyer Packaging
Department: Head Office – 40 hours a week – Category: Sourcing
Sourcing is an integral part within Rituals. Our mission is to assure innovation & supply at the right price with sustainability and quality as key drivers in developing our new products. “The best supplier for our customers & the best customer for our suppliers”. We work closely with partners who have strong R&D power and can support us in our growth by giving us the best service against the right commercial conditions.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
You collaborate closely with cross-functional teams like Innovation, Supply Chain, and Quality & Regulatory, and our Suppliers/Partners to ensure the right sourcing decisions for our products. In general, selecting the right partners for our products, price negotiations, contract and End2End category management comes naturally to you.
Furthermore, your role is to continuously evaluate, monitor and identify potential challenges regarding stakeholder management and cost savings. Creating strategic category business plans to support Rituals growth is also part of your responsibility. For this role, you have a strong packaging knowledge in especially plastics, glass, aluminum, and wood.
You will be part of the Sourcing team, report to the Head of Sourcing Packaging and a buyer will support you in this exciting role.
As Category Buyer you are buying smart following Rituals AQSCIS principles: continuously secure sustainable product innovation and supplier performance at the most optimal commercial conditions and right quality by building and maintaining long-term relationships with suppliers. Your result areas are:
- Key contributor within Rituals NPD process, securing the right sourcing solution and cost for new products through close cross-functional collaboration.
- Early involvement in the product development process ensures product cost is optimized.
- Ensure procurement deliverables in NPD are met, from early procurement and sourcing input, to cost estimations and final product costing;
- Ownership of primary packaging category, including supplier management: negotiating with suppliers, contract management, continuously monitoring and evaluating supplier performance;
- Contribution to procurement optimization by cost awareness upfront & during product developments within the various teams.
- Generating and executing cost-saving initiatives is also part of this objective.
- You have at least seven years of experience in a similar procurement position;
- You have experience in cosmetics or any related industry, and strong knowledge of packaging manufacturing is a must;
- You have a higher professional or university level education (HBO/WO), in the direction of purchasing, business administration, small business & retail management or a higher technical degree;
- You have great negotiation skills and the ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and stakeholders at the same time;
- You are a true team player;
- You are representative, organised, and self-motivated;
- You have a good nose for the deal, furthermore, you are proactive and accurate;
- You have strong persuasiveness and tenacity in the things that you do for work;
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English, any other business language is welcome;
- Leadership skills: build trusted relationships, inspire & motivate, transparent communication, decisive, long term & solution oriented.
WE ARE RITUALS
“We’re not here to sell you beauty; we are here to make you feel good.” – Raymond Cloosterman, CEO Rituals
We are a global brand, established in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, in 2000. Our ambition is to grow sustainably and become – and remain – the number one global luxury brand in cosmetics. Today, Rituals operates in more than 1000 stores, across 30+ countries throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North and South America.
By joining Rituals, you’ll get to experience a strong culture and entrepreneurial spirit which empowers you to create your meaningful career. We care about the well-being of our staff, as much as we value the well-being of the planet. By passionately looking after both, we believe we can pave the way to a more sustainable world and take appropriate action to limit our footprint on Mother Earth. You’ll have a strong sense of purpose at Rituals. Our mission is to make people feel good and touch as many lives as possible. Independent of your role, you will create a positive impact on our daily business.
BECOME PART OF THE RITUALS FAMILY
If you believe you are a perfect fit for the position of Category Buyer Sourcing Packaging Body, please don’t hesitate and send in your application. We’ll reach out to you soon. In case of questions, please feel free to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Note that applications via e-mail are not taken into consideration. Also, acquisition is not appreciated.
YOUR BODY. YOUR SOUL. YOUR RITUALS.