Category Manager BIW202 x bekeken
Are you a seasoned Category Manager and are you willing to work in multidisciplinary teams? Are you keen on building strong relationships with our suppliers & partners as well as with our colleagues internally? Then have a look!
Full-time · Helmond
Where: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe's innovation
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Degree: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration or Engineering Starting date: By the end of Q4 2020
Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations.
What will you do as a Category Manager BIW?
As a Category Manager BIW you’ll become part of our Procurement team while you work in multidisciplinary teams. This team is fully focused on connecting business needs with purpose-driven supply chain solutions through sustainable, innovative, and trustworthy relationships. They’ll ensure best value, quality and security of supply.
Essentially, you’ll become responsible to create, build and maintain relationships with suppliers for all our BIW and related components. Your main achievement is to make sure an adequate quantity of essential materials or services is being maintained, required for the business to operate. Therefore, you’ll work closely with our BIW Engineer and his/her team throughout the lifecycle of products.
More practically, this role will involve initiating and developing category sourcing strategies and managing sustainable supplier relationships. This will include negotiation and management of contracts within the BIW category. Besides, your activities will focus on managing vendor selection, cost negotiation and monitoring compliance through the purchasing agreements.
However, you’re only able to execute your external activities sufficiently by acting as a business partner across our internal organization. Therefore, you’ll play a key role throughout our value chain to make sure you’re able to translate the internal demand into the supply chain externally. This results in interfacing with a variety of stakeholders such as the engineering teams, project management, quality, testing, operations & sales. Essentially, you’re the one who merges all the needs together to properly translate this to the outside world. Although it’s not required to act as a hard-core engineer, it’s preferred to technically dive along with our stakeholders to a certain level.
In addition, you’re cooperating with your supplies while holding them accountable for performance and continuous improvement including lead-time reduction, costs, sustainability, quality, delivery, working capital benefits and where appropriate utilizing Supplier Scorecards.
Therefore, your job as a Category Manager BIW will focus on but isn’t limited to:
- Build trustworthy and strong relations with external partners
- Managing stock inventories, creating extensive and detailed requirements specifications for the required products/services, tendering and maintaining (potential) suppliers relationships, evaluating competing bids and negotiating prices.
- Establish and (partially) deploy sourcing strategies to identify and select suitable partners and suppliers for the materials and services being part of the BIW Category.
- Translating project needs to the supply chain
- Acting as a business partner towards your internal stakeholders by merging their needs and translating these into supply chain solutions
- Take ownership of the execution of supplier selection processes and manage all stakeholders both internally and externally
- Execute market research within the given portfolio
- Manage external partnerships for long lasting collaborations
- Close contracts with external parties
What do we expect from a Category Manager BIW?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear; pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for someone with an ambitious attitude who learns from the past but who is especially open to transforming new developments or ideas into the ‘tried and tested’ of the future! You thrive on working team based, but working independently every now and then shouldn’t be an issue. You are flexible and can work under pressure. Furthermore, we are looking for someone with:
- Either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of full time working experience in either a category or commodity based role (preferably within automotive)
- Experienced in working within a multidisciplinary environment
- Commercial acumen and ability to influence business leaders
- Advanced business partnership towards internal stakeholders
- Ability to technically level with our internal stakeholders
- Solid experience in Supplier Relationship Management
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Availability for 40 hours per week
On a personal level you can relate to the following characteristics; you’re an empathic relationship builder while being keen on negotiating and being part of a multidisciplinary team. You are analytically strong and can be described as enthusiastic and influential.
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere.
Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.Bronlocatie van deze vacature