Category Manager Electrical & Automation51 x bekeken
The aim of supply chain management is to build and maintain a global competitive and innovative supplier and partner network supporting the Damen long term strategic objective to sustain as an integrator and move to a maritime solution provider. We will support the selection and performance improvement of innovative partners in the key technologies that must help us to make a difference in the market. We strive to be the suppliers preferred customer by giving the supplier the opportunity to jointly innovate and jointly drive improvements, both in technology and in operational excellence.
Damen Group Supply Chain will drive category management on a group level with full involvement of the divisions to utilize the group buying power and secure that we make optimal use of the available knowledge. In category management we are closely cooperating with key internal stakeholders like sales, engineering and supply chain departments, as well as the suppliers to meet customer requirements over the full life cycle of our products. Through continuous supplier relationship management we secure that we make maximum use of the available knowledge in the supply chain and can jointly drive improvement initiatives.
Are you the person who wants to strengthen our supply chain organization as Category Manager Electrical & Automation (E&A). Will you help Damen to take the next step into the future with green power solutions, smart ships and autonomous vessels?
You will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of category strategies and sourcing plans for the category Electrical and Automation to support the long term company direction. You are responsible for building a future proof reliable and cost competitive supply base. Where needed you support the project buyers with their projects. You enjoy building and managing in- and external networks to support the future success of Damen knowing that a company cannot win alone. This function is also suitable for lateral entries from a technical procurement background or a commercial E&A background.
The category manager reports to the Group Director Procurement.
- Mapping company goals and market developments. Analyze these findings as input for the definite strategy.
- Development, implementation and execution of category plans and sourcing strategies.
- Leading strategic sourcing initiatives and analyzing spend- and supplier data.
- Monitor, manage and improve supplier performance.
- Stakeholder management with the most important business partners.
- Secure supplier reliability, quality and cost price management.
- Manage and develop the supplier base, relations and contracts.
- Supplier Account Management.
- Negotiate long term contracts and support the negotiation of project contracts.
- Optimize purchase structure, processes and ways of working.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- HBO or equivalent level, preferably with strong technical affinity.
- You have 5 years experience as a strategic buyer/category manager or in a commercial role in an E&A area on a senior level.
- You have technical experience or affinity with preferably E&A.
- Your personality is convincing and you are an enthusiastic and results oriented negotiator.
- You are a conceptual and strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- You have an ability to easily connect with internal and external stakeholders.
- You are able to act on different levels and you are persuasive enough to motivate your environment without hierarchical power.
- Part of the application process can be an assessment and a pre-employment screening.
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance (compensation of a maximum of 75 KM one way);
- Profit sharing & pension allowance;
- Continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
- Reference number: NL00019
- Location: Gorinchem
- Country: The Netherlands
- Teams: Supply Chain
- Product Group: Damen Holding
- Company: B.V. Scheepswerf Damen Gorinchem