Category Manager, Maintenance Services Europe66 x bekeken
Following on from a recent website refresh project our number of posted jobs is currently reduced. However this list is growing daily so please keep checking back to view new vacancies.
Category Manager, Maintenance Services Europe
Netherlands - Europoort - Rotterdam - Refinery, United Kingdom - North East - Hull
Job ID: 104533BR
Job category: Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Relocation available: No
Travel required: Yes - up to 50%
Job profile summary
- Responsible for managing a large team to deliver procurement, programme and stakeholder management support in line with business priorities for the hub or at site, coordinating development of demand forecasts, enabling value delivery cross-category and ensuring compliance, in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
- The Category Manager (CM) plays a critical role in realising Downstream Procurement’s (DP) objective to become a world-class
procurement organisation with leading capability in category management that deliver relevant, value-adding category strategies to
BP’s Downstream businesses.
- Responsible for end-to-end category performance and supplier performance managemen; leading a team of specialist category management professionals, operating in accordance with corporate policies and processes, defined governance and
delegations of authority.
- Your focus is to create transformative category strategies, based on supply market expertise, current and future business needs and global category spend and innovation opportunities that identify impactful business value (with a focus on savings through effective category deployment).
- Developing effective implementation plans, working in lockstep with Business Interface peers (Site Procurement Manager / Hub Manager) and GBS to support successful implementation to agreed timelines.
- Deliver value to the business through taking the lead in the category and ensuring compliance to the agreed strategy and sourcing
expectations. Accountable for all sourcing, negotiation and contracting activity in their commodity area including expiring contracts, releases from agreements, and project/TAR sourcing.
- Ensuring urgency to support safe, compliant, reliable, and efficient business operations.
- Working closely with business interface staff in Downstream Procurement (hub or site) to ensure stakeholders recognise a single,
co-ordinated team, communicating on an aligned basis.
- Responsible for developing Category Specialist talent in support of the Global Category Director’s broader mission to improve the strategic capability of the global category network.
Could you drive high performance through a global business?
At BP, we’re committed to providing the energy that fuels growth and improves lives but in new ways, with fewer emissions. These are big, complex challenges so it’s important that we unlock the full potential of our workforce.
In our Maintenance Services team, the Category Manager (CM) plays a critical role in realizing the objective of the Downstream Procurement. Focusing on creating transformative category strategies and finding innovation opportunities, the CM helps us become a world-class procurement organisation, with leading capability in category management.
About the opportunity
As a CM, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of specialist category management professionals, as well as managing the end-to-end category performance and supplier performance. What’s more, you’ll be accountable for all the sourcing, negotiation and contracting activity - including expiring contracts, releases from agreements, and project or TAR sourcing.
Here, you’ll develop multisite supplier relationships to enhance BP’s partnerships, and work on implementation plans with our site teams. You’ll lead the category team through the established strategy development process and even deliver transformative strategies that maximize value for BP Downstream. As a CM, you’ll also bring together local stakeholders, senior Procurement staff and business leaders together, through communication channels. Plus, you’ll truly inspire others, by coaching and mentoring other category specialists within you team.
With a university degree or equivalent in a technical or related business discipline, you’ll demonstrate a reassuring blend of managerial skills across our business areas. You’ll have demonstrated experience in leading a category within a multi-site, manufacturing environment. And your capabilities in dealing with operational stakeholders will help you deliver objectives in safe, reliable, and cost-effective way.
To qualify for this role, please keep in mind we require you to have some exposure to manufacturing sourcing practices, purchases of plant related goods or services and capital projects.
Join us and discover how the future looks with a business that keeps advancing.
Hit the button below
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.Bronlocatie van deze vacature