Category Manager Procurement570 x bekeken
Are you looking for a challenging role? Drive efficiency in our categories, implement processes that minimise costs, negotiate with suppliers and develop compelling category strategies.
As a Category Manager, you can really make a difference: we need you to help us setting up a professional central procurement function in our four service/material categories – Haulage, Rail & Barge, Equipment, and Terminals – covering the European territory.
This is how you can make an impact as a procurement professional
In this role, you will face many challenges. It is up to you to maintain a continuous focus on cost levels and capacity planning, and switch from strategic long-term focus to operational procurement activities. All while handling high volumes of work in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment.
Based on analysis, you will develop and deliver clear, compelling category plans and sourcing strategies that support our wider business strategy, optimise value for money outcomes, and meet our stakeholders’ needs and expectations. In addition, you will provide leadership and direction in supply market management and development, strategic planning and execution, and contract and risk management activities.
What your job as a Category Manager Procurement entails:
- Negotiating with both formal tenders and ad-hoc parties to ensure that the business obtains best value on all its expenses.
- Providing expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement and the categories to encourage innovative practices and support the delivery of business and policy directions.
- Working together with stakeholders to ensure all set targets are met by taking responsibility for the performance of all suppliers within the categories.
- Ensuring that suppliers have sufficient capacity to support the business requirements and that robust contingency is in place for critical categories.
- Working together with Finance to produce an annual budget and regular re-forecasts.
Our ideal procurement professional? Someone who fits the following profile:
We are looking for entrepreneurship: an expert who is focused on great results and eager to go the extra mile. In order to handle pressure and tight deadlines, you need to be flexible, effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions, and able to eliminate non-value adding activities. In addition, you have excellent communication and collaboration skills and you know how to influence, negotiate and present information to engage others and get the job done.
You tick all of the following boxes:
- A business bachelor’s or master’s degree, for example in business economics.
- 5 years’ experience in a procurement role, preferably in category management.
- Ideally a NEVI certificate and working experience in the logistics industry.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills.
- The willingness to travel within your job (approximately 10% of your time).
Your career at Samskip
Maintaining your knowledge of our category markets and suppliers, as well as keeping control of all strategies, projects and arrangements, can be challenging. We stimulate your personal and professional development and provide you with the right tools to be successful in your role. We offer you accountability, responsibility and plenty of freedom to shape your own role. In return, there are big opportunities ahead of you.
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary, including a holiday pay and a thirteenth month.
- Developing your soft skills and hard skills in our online Academy.
- 28 days paid annual leave and a pension scheme.
- Great additional benefits, such as an ergonomic work base and company fitness.
- A great office in Rotterdam, overlooking the harbour.
Are you the key driver of efficiency we need?
Apply directly and share your ideas with us. Click on the button below and join our team.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 633 million euros, we are one of the largest transport companies in Europe. We have offices in 24 countries in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, with around 1500 employees in total.Bronlocatie van deze vacature