Category Manager Ships
As our Category Manager Ships you will be working closely together with stakeholders across the organization. You are responsible for procurement activities, and you will apply a total cost of ownership approach.
Stolt Tankers a division of Stolt-Nielsen Limited (SNL), is the specialist in transporting bulk liquids: Chemicals, clean petroleum products, vegetable oils, biofuels and oleochemicals. We are continuously seeking to add value for our customers.
What you will be doing
As a Category Manager within Stolt Tankers, you will be responsible for the implementation of the defined strategy across the assigned portfolio of categories and contracts. You are up to date with the latest developments in marine procurement and sustainability. You will actively take part in supplier management and identify needs for future procurement along with internal stakeholders.
Initial focus will be mostly on newbuilding. However, other categories may also be assigned to you.
- Cooperate with the team in order to implement the defined strategy and identify new opportunities for contractual agreements.
- Responsible for spend optimization and delivery of tangible cost management and efficiency of procurement projects, applying total cost of ownership approach.
- Responsible for contract management: Perform contract analysis and monitor contract execution.
- Responsible for Supplier Performance Management: Analysis of supplier performance and cost development; drive the performance review cycle and audits.
- Responsible for stakeholder management and alignment; internal and external
- Continuous improvement: Identify opportunities for more (cost) efficient order delivery. Implement optimal set up and agreements with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and build up; internal and external.
- Identify KPI’s for suppliers and integrate them into contract.
- Determine data needed to evaluate and report KPI’s for suppliers.
- Keep overview and maintain coordination of (inter)related contracts and suppliers within a category.
- Review market conditions and determine variables which will influence initiation and/or change of current and new contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or relevant field and at least 5 years’ experience in Procurement roles.
- Proven Purchasing and Logistics Experience on tactical procurement and contract negotiation, preferably in a maritime environment.
- Knowledge of maritime industry.
- Team player, solution-oriented, performance focused.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal as well as written English Cultural awareness: ability to operation in a multinational environment.
Stolt Tankers is a division of Stolt-Nielsen Limited (SNL), focused on opportunities in logistics, distribution, and aquaculture. The Stolt-Nielsen portfolio consists of its three global bulk liquid and chemicals logistics businesses – Stolt Tankers, Stolthaven Terminals and Stolt Tank Containers – Stolt Sea Farm and investments in LNG. Stolt-Nielsen Limited is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (Oslo Børs: SNI). Our values: We act pragmatically, collaborate for success, commit to go further, and seek creative solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Stolt-Nielsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability status, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship status, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, national origin or ancestry, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law or regulation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. #LI-IV1
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity.
Job Identification 210716
Job Category Stolt Tankers
Posting Date 07/10/2023
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
Location Westerlaan 5, Rotterdam, 3016 CK, NL