Proton Ventures is an independent operating company within the Koolen Industries Group.
Since its foundation in 2001 Proton Ventures pioneered in the (green) ammonia industry. Ranging from large-scale ammonia storage and loading facilities to our modular NFuel concept and ammonia decomposition to obtain hydrogen allowing for complete coverage of the entire value chain of (green) ammonia. From concept to operational facilities, Proton Ventures offers consultancy support, project development management, feasibility study and FEED study engineering services, up to and including the actual EPC works.
The Category Manager Sourcing & Procurement is responsible for:
Strategic Project Management
- Negotiation with suppliers, partners & internal stakeholders
- Contract Management
- Implementation of Sourcing & Procurement procedures
- Structurisation of the Sourcing & Procurement activities
- Strategic Project Management
- Responsible for the strategic analysis of the portfolio, quarterly reports, and continuous review of strategic plans to seek opportunities to manage the company’s financial exposure
- Generate new project ideas based on strategic analysis by challenging existing portfolios.
- Develop project scope based on new ideas and ensure effective implementation of action plans for global contracts
- Expand global sourcing opportunities.
- Negotiate with external suppliers to establish mutually acceptable economic solutions and enhance Proton Ventures competitive position
- Establish a preferred vendor listing
- Act as a conduit between potential external suppliers and businesses.
- Review Requests For Quotation (RFQ) using analysis of quotations, formulas, price mechanisms, etc. to get the best offer
- Resolve conflicts related to supplier contracts
- Prepare and analyze Market Intelligence containing information about the internal and external environment (opportunities, threats, forces, weaknesses) in order to maintain effective strategic plans
- Challenge existing contracts and look for opportunities to maximize cost savings to the company
- Establish and follow up on contracts with indicators of measurement and improvement opportunities
- Ensure that company interests are adequately protected on supply contracts
Implementation of Sourcing & Procurement procedures
- Set-up and implement a “rule-book” on interaction with vendors and third party subcontractors
- Set-up and implement a system of intercompany competencies and level of authority on sourcing & procurement
- Create awareness of the benefits (both financially as well as procedurally) of a well organised sourcing & procurement system
Structurisation of the Sourcing & Procurement activities
- Take control and manage all sourcing & procurement activities
- Set-up, build-up and management of a (small) department of specialists on purchasing, sourcing, procurement and related activities
Education, professional experience & know-how
- BsC or MsC in procurement and or supply chain management
- NEVI 1 / NEVI 2 is a plus
- Experience in the Chemical Industry is a plus
- 5 – 10 years experience in a role in the field of purchasing, sourcing or procurement
- Experience in remote management of teams
- Pro-active, problem-solving, drive for continuous improvement, hands-on, flexible, comfortable in conceptualising and dealing with different stakeholders
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbally and written)
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Hit the button below and then hit the button ‘Apply now’ and we will contact you as soon as possible!
Acquisition of this role is executed by
EPC Search, Ed Boeve – Savannahweg 17, 3542 AW Utrecht – www.epc-search.nl