Category Procurement Manager - Ocean Freight42 x bekeken
Specialismes: Direct spend
Procurement | Amersfoort (NLD) | Professional - Experienced | 32-40 hours | Job-ID: 40673
Category Procurement Manager - Ocean Freight
There now is an exciting opportunity to add your strategic view and procurement capabilities to the global ocean freight procurement of FrieslandCampina. Ready to come aboard?
Within FrieslandCampina Procurement, the global category Logistics manages the worldwide procurement of all transportation, warehousing, internal material handling equipment, pool pallets (continental cluster) and ocean freight, airfreight & clearing worldwide (intercontinental cluster). In this international team of 9, spread over 3 countries with 6 nationalities, there is currently a vacancy for a Category Manager, focused on global ocean freight.
In this role you will be managing the ocean procurement around the globe and manage the related ocean carriers and their performance. In addition you will support the carriers to continuously add value to our daily business of feeding the world with highly nutritious products. You work within the Intercontinental sub-team with 3 international colleagues, managing the procurement processes, the related source-2-pay process, the carrier performance improvement and our stakeholder satisfaction.
What we ask
- You have a dynamic and enthusiastic personality, you enjoy working in a diverse team, you are a self-starter and you organize and prioritize your own and your team’s workload.
- You have experience in global ocean freight either from business-owner side, carrier side or procurement side.
- You take responsibility for your work and are continuously looking for new opportunities to make a change, and with your strong communication and interpersonal skills, you are able to build and maintain effective relationships with team, suppliers and relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- You have min. 7 years of relevant experience in a Procurement, Supply Chain or commercial role in a complex international company, preferably in the FMCG or food industry, and are seeking to bring your commercial drive, industry learnings and supplier capabilities into FrieslandCampina.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in a relevant subject.
- You have a broader view than just your position and you can identify with our purpose ‘Nourishing by Nature’, where logistics and sustainability both have your genuine interest.
What we offer
- You will be based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, as part of the global procurement department, in the Commercial Indirects domain. You will join the global Procurement Logistics team of 8 colleagues, who are based in both Amersfoort (6) and in Asia.
- The role will be graded in Hay 17, with as a standard a 38h working week or 13 additional periodic leave days, on top of the 25 holidays.
- FrieslandCampina does not only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow as that also benefits our company. That is why we invest in relevant training courses in the own discipline and in additional skills and perspectives, such as the Procurement Academy an other elements of our Mindset, Behaviour and Skills workstream. In addition, the mutual exchange of knowledge with your other colleagues is also crucial, as it is the most effective way to learn.
- You control with the total team about 600 MM of annual spend and specifically over 70.000 TEU of annual shipments in ocean freight. This is your chance to make a real impact on environment and on the subcategory.
- Development of global sourcing strategies for the own subcategory, in co-creation with the other relevant subcategories in the cluster, such as airfreight, inland shipping and customs clearing.
- Manage internal client relationships with key stakeholders in all Business Groups across the globe.
- Build relationships and co-own the performance of key suppliers, leveraging supplier capabilities beyond the service delivered. In addition, leverage system capabilities on visibility and performance.
- Analyze and assess current subcategory spend and operational model and manage the optimal flow of the resulting source-to-pay process.
- Establish and develop insight in market dynamics: realize cost models, market price analysis overviews, value chain analyses; monitor supply sources and important market trends.
- Develop, prepare and execute sourcing strategy; prepare, plan and execute tenders and negotiations for the own subcategories.
- Proactively adapt sourcing strategies when needed, to ensure that category/business requirements and needs are met.
- Support existing processes for increased safety and sustainability in Logistics and create, manage and coordinate initiatives to improve the category’s safety, social and environmental impact.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it's not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
Within FrieslandCampina, the Procurement department has a central role for the sourcing of all materials and services required for our products across the globe.Procurement’s role is to contribute to the company’s ambition to be “Winning in the market” by bringing in supplier solutions and knowledge to create sustainable added value for FrieslandCampina: “Win with suppliers”.
Within the Procurement Commercial Indirect team, the global category Logistics manages the worldwide procurement of all transportation, warehousing, internal material handling equipment, pool pallets (continental cluster), and ocean freight, airfreight & clearing worldwide (intercontinental cluster).
In this international team of 9, spread over 3 countries with 6 nationalities, we are working every day to make sure our products reach their destination in the way and on the time they were meant to!
Elisabeth Wichers; [email protected]Bronlocatie van deze vacature