- Date: 21-Feb-2023
- Location: Ridderkerk, NL
- Company: Alstom
Our divers, international team consisting of 13 Buyers is divided between the locations Ridderkerk, Rotterdam, Brugge and Charleroi. We will expand our team to 14 Buyers and we are reporting to Davinia Prins – Bijkerk (Procurement Manager Services Benelux). We are part of the Alstom Benelux Services and have 3 focus categories:
- Rolling stock maintenance contracts
- Projects to overhaul sub systems and trains, trams and subway to expand their lifetime up to 20 years.
- Delivery of spare parts to our customers
Some examples of our customers are: RET, GVB, NS and DB.
Your challenge as Buyer Commodities
You will be responsible for the process of analysis, selection, evaluation and management of suppliers in the Railway market to satisfy the needs of projects to excellence in quality, Costs, deadlines and technical specifications (QCDT) as well as in policies of sustainable development, professional ethics and continuous improvement of the processes.
You will lead the execution of the Procurement scope for projects (work package owner). You will be involved in projects from the beginning of the process. Together with the project manager you will establish and agree on a Project Procurement Strategy, in line (central) Procurement strategies and will ensure that the overall Quality, Cost and Delivery targets are met. You will have the opportunity to work for several high valued customer in the rail industry, developing those strong relationships with many of the suppliers and being creative in the solutions they can deliver.
In this job, you will have wide range of internal and external stakeholders, such as engineers, buyers, bid managers, supply chain officers and account managers.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Prepare and launch of Request for Quotation with suppliers according to the Alstom Procurement Process
- Lead negotiation to secure savings
- Participate actively to commodity strategy and panel elaboration
- Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
- Ensure effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
- Manage specific supplier panel relationship (negotiation, specific agreement, supplier QCDT performances)
- Measure the supplier’s performance and develop them in coordination with supplier Quality Team
- Assess properly all risky suppliers and manage the associated mitigation plan
- Manage initial issues before escalation to line manager
- Supervises agreement execution of selected suppliers until FAI milestone
- To propose ideas for the continuous improvement of the purchasing processes.
- Provide support to Supply Chain for execution of orders, monitoring and Control.
- Manage the Procurement Work Package in projects:
- Review periodically the Quality, Cost and Delivery material scope (work package) with the stakeholders, establish a “at completion” vision, taken into account risks and ambitions.
- Leads cost improvement plans
- Organize meeting(s) with Sourcing buyers to inform about Project requirements and objectives, being interface between Project and Sourcing.
- Inform Sourcing Buyers about the specific legal requirements to be taken into account in negotiation, after analysis of the customer specific demand and after decision with the Project Manager to flow down (or not) these requirements to the suppliers
- Challenge stakeholders (project, engineering, buyers) to allow collection of cost optimization proposals in addition of the plan of the Project Procurement Strategy
Our company is developing quickly. Especially in the Benelux we a growing fast. Your job is extremely divers where no day is similar due to the diversity of projects. Some projects are more focused on negotiations, while other are focused on on-time delivery. It’s up to you to decide what the perfect strategy needs to be. Also, you have a lot of contact with different kind of people (internal and external stakeholders).
The Alstom University offers many possibilities to develop yourself with your job, career and as a person. An example is learning a foreign language with help of native speakers. And because we are a large company, there are sufficient career opportunities incl. abroad).
Practical: We follow the (cao) Metalelektro which offers 40 vacation days. It’s possible to work from home (hybrid), we offer flexible working hours and a 32 to 40 hour workweek (your decision).
Since you are part of a large, international company within a growing industry, you have more than sufficient career and development opportunities.
We have a professional on-boarding program consisting an induction program, getting to know your stakeholders and learning our programs, tools and procedures.
The ideal Buyer
You have at least 3 year’s experience as a buyer. You have negotiations skills and likes to work in project teams. Besides being service minded, you are capable of pushing back when needed. It’s preferred you are familiar with SAP.
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility, Alstom offers its diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. 150,000 vehicles in commercial service worldwide attest to the company’s proven expertise in project management, innovation, design and technology. In 2021, the company was included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, World and Europe, for the 11th consecutive time. Headquartered in France and present in 70 countries, Alstom employs more than 74,000 people. In The Netherlands, we have 500 employees. www.alstom.com
Apply? More information?
Send your cv (motivation letter not obligated) to Davinia Prins-Bijkerk (Procurement Manager Services Benelux): email@example.com / 06-5061 3497
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Ringdijk 390C, 2983 GS Ridderkerk
- Contract: Fulltime (32 – 40 hours per week) – Permanent contract
- Industry: Railway / Mobility / Transportation
- Company Name: Alstom