- Great chance to set up/manage all contract management activities for the category new (building) production capacity
- Reference DH8651 – Location Almelo, partly hybrid
About our client Urenco
Our client URENCO is an international and trusted supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation. URENCO was founded over 50 years ago and employs approx. 1600 motivated fte’s worldwide and is recognized as a very stable and inspiring company. URENCO believes that nuclear power is an essential part of the current and the future energy mix. The orderbooks for 2030 are filled and URENCO is ready for substantial additional growth in the years ahead. The environment of URENCO is the opposite of fast paced. This is all about long term strategy, by timely responding on numerous influencing factors, asking the right question, engineering new technology and finding sustainable solutions. As a result, the URENCO environment is highly strategic. To anticipate on the continuously changing society needs, the international imaging and the regulations, URENCO is currently reorganizing its Procurement organization and as a result URENCO will detach the Contract Management function. This to get better grip and focus on all CM activities.
In this role you will manage the commercial and financial aspects of contracts supplying goods and services for one or more projects. Next to that you will be in the lead to steer the CM processes and implement CM procedures with the URENCO organization. You will be accountable for the administration of multi €million contracts and can therefore influence contractual cost and claims. The role has multiple stakeholders and customers, as it is interfacing directly with the URENCO Group. The Contract Manager/lead will be assigned to either one major or a number of smaller projects and will assume responsibility for the award management and administration of assigned contracts in line with URENCO policies and procedures. You may also be required to lead and manage a team.
- Liaise with Procurement to determine and agree appropriate procurement strategy for each project/contract. This to include make/buy analysis, subcontracting strategy, form of contract and incentive arrangements.
- Ensure contracts and associated documents have been reviewed and assured prior to execution; including contract sum, Scope/Works Information, Site Information, and terms and conditions.
- Work with Project Controls and Finance to develop and approve the review of project funding and delivery budget.
- Accountable for administration of assigned contracts in line with Urenco’s policies and procedures
- Accountable for maintaining records of all contract communications and ensuring that all communications are executed in line post with the contractual required timescales.
- Provide support to project managers for their assigned contracts and manage interactions and claims with project teams and other project contributors.
- Monitor contract performance and make management aware of any upcoming commercial or contract issues or deadlines.
- Evaluate, prepare and review claims.
- Reviewing and assessing contractor valuations and negotiation of final accounts ordinating the work of external support services to support contract administration and claims.
- Preparation of amendments and deed of variations to contracts.
- Review and critical evaluation of contract communications.
- Understand the commercial position of each contract within the portfolio. This to include the review and validation of commercial data provided by others such as monthly cost reports, cost value reconciliations and cost forecasts against budget.
- Ensure all projects and contracts are contractually and commercially managed as required.
- Review and assess the entitlement of all Compensation Events and the agreement of Quotations, including any delay assessment.
- Review and assess amounts due under each contract.
- Provide early warning system for commercial and financial implications of potential claims and oversee claims rejection/negotiation or acceptance procedures.
- Provide feedback, coaching and mentoring to the Contract Management function, Project Management and Procurement community generally to improve delivery efficiency and promote best practice.
- Liaise closely with the audit and assurance team lead leads to incorporate emerging audit requirements into the audit plan.
- Provide demonstrable leadership of area managed and be a role model to staff that epitomises URENCO Group Project values.
- Create positive working relationships with those departments and personnel (internal and external) that are critical in delivering required performance.
- Create the local working culture in which all staff focus on those to whom a service is delivered and identify ways of improving the quality of what is delivered.
- To ensure consistent application and implementation of Commercial policy and procedures.
About you as a person
For this role, the ideal candidate brings an academical degree in ideally business law/regulations. You bring a sound track record in all Contract Management aspects, ideally gained within a Production/Construction (Capex) environment in matrix organised companies. You are very responsible and very well organized as a person.
Amongst others you identify yourself in the following competencies:
- Effective communication, influencing & negotiation, commercial, excellent in planning and setting priorities, take decisive decisions, project management, action and progress orientation, change driven, action orientated, excellent stakeholder management skills, critical thinker, proactive, positive, able to handle setback, keep focus, leadership and lead others for success, proven experience of administering both standard and bespoke forms of contract, proven ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and identify underlying issues, demonstrable experience across the entire project lifecycle, from concept development to hand.
All business within URENCO is conducted in English and your command of the language (both oral and in writing) is impeccable. Proficiency in German or Dutch is not required, but a distinct plus.
About the package on offer
URENCO offers an interesting remuneration package. Salary indication on request and this comes with excellent secondary benefits.
For questions regarding this vacancy please contact one of our consultants: Mr. Peter Frauenfelder on +31 (0)6 14868139 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Then please apply by 28th April 2023 the latest, via the button below mentioning reference code DH8651 in your application. We require that your resume is in English, and we require a specification of your current package and notice period. Naturally, all information you provide will be dealt within the utmost confidentiality.