Rotterdam | € 40.000 – € 45.000 per year
- Buying/contracting position in Dutch but international company.
- This company is in the FMCG branche.
This client is an production company in FMCG products. They are originally Dutch but very internationally orientated.
- Receive and review a wide variety of requisitions. Checking contracts on requirements.
- Led support for Lead Buyers in tracking demand and material needs.
- Successfully orchestrated strategies that resulted in a substantial cost reduction, equivalent to 20% savings, across multiple projects.
- Requested and assessed supplier quotes, skilfully negotiated contracts, and fostered robust supplier partnerships.
- Ensured accurate supplier contract documentation in SAP database.
- Worked closely with Research and Development team to grasp project requisites, identifying avenues for raw material cost reduction.
- Identified and implemented strategies to reduce raw material expenses.
- Actively contributed to projects by closely partnering with cross-functional teams to align procurement strategies with the introduction of new product lines, ensuring seamless integration and successful market launches.
- Review bid proposals from vendors and recommend or enter into contracts within limits of delegated authority
- Maintain records of purchased items, cost, delivery, performance and inventory.
- Stock management regarding to perishable products.
- Perform other duties as required, for example:
- Communicating with suppliers about ending contracts and renewing these contracts.
- Support the month end Inventory count.
- Bachelor’s Degree (HBO) in Supply Chain or related fields of Business or Accounting
- 0-1 year of experience in simular roles
- Strong communication skills English
- ERP knowledge is a plus
- Excel knowledge for creating/maintaining status reports
- Knowledge of purchasing rules, regulations and methods
- Ability to negotiate and administer contracts
- Really good salary and secundairy benefits
- Small Buying team with space to grow in your role
- Experience in an international enviroment
Procurement & Supply Chain
Industrial / Manufacturing
Bruce Van Kesteren