Contracting & Procurement | Part of Shell Graduate Programme413 x bekeken
Join Shell’s highly-reputed graduate programme on this placement and you’ll be learning alongside some of the industry’s leading visionaries in our Contracting & Procurement (C&P) team.
You’ll see how the team supports Shell’s IT Functions, working with some amazing technology and finding innovative and sustainable solutions for our commercial partners. All in all, it’s a great place to sharpen your skills.
In this placement, you’ll gain the skills to become a successful Buyer. Part of a team that’s never afraid to be competitive, you’ll see how we ensure the highest possible quality, working to a variety of proof points including ‘should cost’ modelling and external benchmarking. Highlights of the placement include:
- Learning to make supply chain decisions that support our Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) ‘Goal Zero aspirations: to do no harm to people or the environment.
- Collaborating widely with colleagues in IT and the wider business partners to understand the scope of each service and identify improvements we can support in our digital journey.
- Actively cultivating fruitful relationships with suppliers.
- Seeing how we apply the Contracting and Procurement process, in turn developing your commercial judgement and acquiring a simplification mindset.
- Understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, Ethics & Compliance (E&C), Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, whilst keeping a firm focus on enterprise business value.
This is the first of two Graduate Programme placements; your second could be as a C&P Analyst, Vendor Quality Improvement Analyst or Category Excellence Specialist.
What you'll need
You don’t need buying experience and your university degree could be in e.g. Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Economics or any related field. The main thing is that you’re keen to learn and grow. We accept a maximum of three years working experience. If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, this could be a fantastic start to your career:
- You’re ambitious, authentic and focused on personal and professional growth.
- You have the confidence as a communicator to start building effective working relationships with business partners, customers and colleagues.
- You’re commercially minded: always looking for ways to deliver value from contracts and deals
- You’re determined to continue learning and evolving your skill set.
The Shell Graduate Programme: a world of opportunities
Join the C&P Shell Graduate Programme and you can look forward to an industry-leading two- or three-year learning programme, offering real responsibility, engaging challenges and continued professional development.
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Start your career at Shell and immerse yourself in innovative projects to find economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions to the world’s energy needs. You’ll be learning alongside brilliant people from all over the world, with the resources and support to explore new ways of thinking and working – all in all, an unbeatable experience.
Helping you prepare
We want you to be at your best when completing the assessments, so here are some top tips and some additional background information that may help you. Ace your application prep by reviewing our application tips.
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited by the chance to push boundaries and explore frontiers, apply via the button below. We strongly recommend to apply as early as possible in 2019; applications for this and other roles in the C&P team are being processed in chronological order.