Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands – Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
The Director of Procurement (“Tower Lead”) of Professional and Corporate Services is responsible for leading global Corporate and Professional spend management and strategic sourcing activities, including internal and external analysis and negotiations. This role owns the process to manage the development and delivery of value from a clear and effective services purchasing strategy, establishing strategic supplier relationships to achieve goals, delivers business requirements and customer needs while ensuring effective risk and compliance management with the right balance between quality, service and cost. The scope of the role covers third-party contracts for spend areas including consultancy services, payment providers, professional services, HR services, facilities services strategy. The position has global responsibilities across all Booking Holdings brands and reports to the Global Procurement Lead within Booking Holdings Inc, and will work closely with Controllers, finance teams and business stakeholders.
Amsterdam, Netherlands • Norwalk, CT, United States – ID: 23739
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the business to set the category long-, mid- and short-term strategies and pipeline of initiatives to deliver the procurement solutions and savings to the business
- Lead a global team of sourcing managers, buyers and procurement coordinators, develop talent and expertise to offer Best-In-Class Procurement results
- As a member of the Procurement Leadership (PLT) play a positive and engaged role in developing a world class procurement organization. Be a role model for the team and build a great relationship with stakeholders across our business
- Work with the procurement operations group to ensure the business is serviced
- Prioritize and schedule initiatives for the year; coordinate efforts within the function and with the Global Procurement leadership ensuring availability of required resources
- Lead the category management and strategic sourcing strategies and approaches for assigned category, driving expected results, creating and sustaining value and year-over-year savings, simplifying business through leveraging global buy, while ensuring quality, supplier innovation, risk management and supply surety
- Re-evaluate strategies based on changing market conditions and provide oversight during strategic sourcing activities, including negotiations
- Establish and maintain collaborative, long-term relationships with strategic suppliers aiming for continuous value creation
- Develop suppliers to treat Booking Holdings as preferred customer in presenting innovative and/or cost-efficient projects
- Execute RFPs and tenders, and procurement and contract negotiations for technology products and services
- Explore new opportunities and procurement tools (e.g., pro-card, e-commerce, auctions)
- Partner with management in each Brand and lead engagement globally to support their business objectives
Level of Education
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or a business-related field.
- MBA highly desired.
Years of Relevant Job Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in procurement of Professional and Corporate Services and must have held senior level global roles in other areas of procurement
Requirements of Special Knowledge/Skills
- Demonstrated experience (8+ years) of leadership, change management and communication skills
- Experienced in driving change and managing a team of global procurement professionals
- Adept in category strategy development and its implementation
- Experience in implementing, rolling out or changing of scope of a procurement and contract management process, and process improvement and automation
- Ability to manage a sophisticated agenda and value creation
- Ability to collaborate effectively with global teams and manage conflicting objectives to deliver value creation
- Strong supplier relationship, organizational & project management skills
- Good understanding of software licensing models including hybrid, public and private cloud, telecommunication networks, data center infrastructure and networks. Must be forward thinking in this space
- Pragmatic approach towards risk management and identification of mitigation initiatives
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and use sound judgment to make business decisions
- Experience in leading global teams
- Fluent English language written & spoken
- Travel may be required
Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. Our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to more freely travel across borders, time zones, languages and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
Through the Booking Holdings brands, we help our customers reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Booking Holdings is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. We ensure equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Booking Holdings also extends this policy to every phase of the employment process including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, transfer, training and development, position elimination, restructure, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoffs, termination, and all other conditions or privileges of employment. Booking Holdings and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. M/F/V/D/SO