Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
- Job ID 210089
- Date posted 06-21-2022
- Location : Schiphol, Netherlands
Job Purpose and Impact
The purpose of the EMEA Capital Center Contracts Manager role is to support Construction Management (CM) best practice processes and tools in EMEA Capital Center (EMEA CC), in compliance with Cargill corporate policies & procedures.
This role will support EMEA CC Build Project teams to safely and effectively execute construction (related) activities in EMEA CC by providing expertise and guidance in all matters of Contracts management. The EMEA Capital Center Contracts Manager will lead a regional contract management team to ensure consistent contract development and negotiation support for the EMEA CC Projects.
In this role, they will evaluate contract compliance and provide guidance to others on contractual rights and obligations across all projects in the EMEA CC portfolio.
- Support Build project teams in preparing contracts during Front End Loading (FEL) phases and in executing the construction phase.
- The EMEA Capital Center Contracts Manager acts as a Contract Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) to Build project teams to guide and coach these teams in their project delivery efforts
- Supporting Build Project Managers (BPM’s) to timely identify Contract related resourcing needs in projects and to support BPM’s in staffing their Contract Management needs. This applies to both EMEA CC in-house resourcing, and third party contracted resourcing.
- This role also aims to achieve longer term continuity with third party CM service providers in EMEA CC.
- Reports regularly to EBPO Leadership Team and Group BPM’s on performance, achievements, improvement initiatives and developments related to Contract Management activities in EMEA CC projects.
- Development and upkeep of EMEA CC Contract Management practices (processes and tools). Keeps up to speed with industry practices and incorporates into EMEA CC Contract Management processes and tools. Uses continuous improvement approach in improving EMEA CC Contract Management processes. Support the consistent deployment of these processes and tools in EMEA CC projects understanding that different projects have different needs.
- Leverages and aligns contract management practices within EMEA CC. Ensures proper selection and on boarding of CM service providers in projects in conjunction with Build project teams and procurement tags.
- Development and maintenance of EMEA CCCM processes and tools, focusing on processes and tools for which it adds value to define an EBPO practice.
- Continuous alignment with other functions / SME’s that are involved in EMEA CCproject design & build to ensure CM leading practice processes and tools seamlessly integrate with other project execution processes.
- Implementation of construction activities performance metrics for use in EMEA CCprojects, as well as developing and managing a benchmarking system for EMEA CCprojects.
- Stays current and leverages Contract management practices from other parts of Cargill.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Construction Management, Business Law is preferred
- Requires field experience, familiarity with systems. Ability to develop Contracting Plans and perform independent contract management on large-sized projects.
- Experience in industrial CAPEX project delivery for at least 15 years, including brownfield projects
- Experience with direct involvement in contracting processes (e.g., tender processes, contracting types, contracting terms & conditions)
- Must be flexible to travel within EMEA region for approx. 20% of working time
- Excellent English language proficiency (verbal and written)
- Relevant certifications relating to Contract Management / Project Management
- Contract Management experience in multiple geographies
- Ability to create effective working relationships at project execution level (project team members) and ability to coach these resources
- Passionate individual with a practical mindset and natural authority
- Knowledge of applying best practice Contract Management processes, tools and procedures
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today! Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more.