- Are you a passionate food ingredients, raw materials buyer?
- Buyer, Buying, Food, Ingredients, Raw Materials, Category Buyer, Inkoper
For our client we are searching exclusively for the right Global Category Buyer Raw Materials / Food. These are very exciting times at this organization, with teams growing and product portfolios widening. This created the new opportunity as Global Category Buyer, stationed in their Global HQ in Amsterdam. Curious to know what this could mean for you?
As Global Category Buyer Raw Materials (Food), you report directly into the Global Procurement Director Raw Materials. In this role, you are responsible for overseeing and managing categories of direct material spend across the group to maximize total cost of ownership savings.
With your 3+ years’ experience in buying, category & market analyses, and supplier relationship management you feel comfortable finding your way in this complex and global position. Getting excited? Then this is the right next step for you!
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Drive standardization within sourcing implementation and execute initiatives to drive savings
- Supplier relationship building, contract and allocation negotiations, performance management
- Actively participate in internal improvement projects, as leader and/or key member
- Be a pivotal part of the team, strong networker to both internal and external stakeholders
- Drive risk management initiatives on pricing, supply, and finance for selected categories
- Analyze the historical volatility of prices of the appointed commodities
- Problem solving (OOO) mindset and active engagement with suppliers
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field
- 3+ yrs. of buying experience in raw materials (food) buying is a must
- Proven buying track record in negotiation and Supplier Relationship
- Strong communicator, result-driven, and comfortable sparring with internal and external (senior) stakeholders, in a global and international company
- Fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is considered a plus
- Living in or near to Amsterdam, Schiphol
- Great salary & secondary benefits, in line with experience & knowledge
- Great growth and personal development opportunities
Procurement & Supply Chain
FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)