Global Category Buyer (renewable) Energy at HEINEKEN
Great opportunity for a +/- 3rd career step professional
- Location: Amsterdam Schiphol
- Reference code: DH 8955
About our client:
Our client HEINEKEN is a proud, independent global brewer committed to surprise and excite consumers with its brands and products everywhere. The brand that bears the founder’s family name – Heineken® – is available in almost every country on the globe and is the world’s most valuable international premium beer brand. The Company’s aim is to be a leading brewer in each of the markets in which it operates and to have the world’s most valuable brand portfolio. HEINEKEN wants to win in all markets with HEINEKEN and with a full brand portfolio in markets of choice.
The Company is present in over 70 countries and operates more than 180 breweries. HEINEKEN is Europe’s largest brewer and the world’s third largest by volume. HEINEKEN is committed to the responsible marketing and consumption of its more than 250 international premium, regional, local and specialty beers and ciders. The number of people employed is over 86,000.
About the job on offer:
As a Global Category Buyer (renewable) Energy you should be passionate about the HEINEKEN ambition to realise Net Zero Carbon in all their 180+ breweries, maltings and other production sites by 2030. You can envision yourself delivering on this ambition through establishing partnerships with suppliers, by sourcing and contracting the implementation of novel Thermal / Electrical renewable energy solutions at a global scale.
You will be part the HGP Energy team within Supply Chain Procurement – Sustainable Production that is part of the cross functional integrated Net Zero Production team to deliver on the 2030 Net Zero ambition via turnkey EPC contractors (iNZP program). You will report to the Category Leader Sustainable Production. As a Global Category Buyer (renewable) Energy you will be working in the international environment of HEINEKEN HQ and you will be in touch with colleagues from up to 70 different countries across the globe. Up to 10% travelling time is expected for this position.
Amongst others your tasks will consist of:
- Review and validate net zero supplier proposals per site commercially and economically. Contracting of EPC Turnkey suppliers for different phases of execution, from roadmap development and basic design, to detailed design and implementation
- In function of Heineken’s Evergreen 2025 and the Functional Procurement Strategy, to shape global sourcing and contracting sub-category strategies for renewable energy (thermal energy and electricity)
- Lead and/or support sourcing strategy roll-out through procurement execution of high impact projects by identifying potential partners, tendering, negotiating, selecting and contracting partners best suited to deliver on Heineken requirements
- Build extensive internal and external network to support strategy building and delivery. Maintain and manage relationships with (strategic) partners to secure delivery on contracted terms and conditions
- Monitor, track and report on KPI’s incl. progression of sourcing and contracting of net zero projects to Category Leader Sustainable Production, (Senior) Leadership, OpCos and other internal and external stakeholders
- Support with development of OpCo / brewery Net Zero roadmaps and Annual Plan / Strategic Plans
- Develop, implement and govern best practices, guidance and policies for net zero solutions sourcing and contracting across Operating Companies to mitigate operational, reputational, sustainability and financial risks
- Scope (allocated across Net Zero sourcing team).
- Geographical: all 180+ sites across 70+ countries
- Solution scope:
- Electricity: EACs, Green Supply Contracts, On-Site PPA, Off-Site PPA
- Thermal: Biomass, Biomethane, Heatpumps, Solar Thermal, eBoilers, etc
- Contracting scope: Capex, Power Purchase Agreements, Thermal Purchase Agreements, Energy as a Service
- Projects: single site & solution projects up to multi-site turnkey delivery
- Suppliers: Individual Power Producers (IPP), EPC turnkey, OEMs
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders of the Net Zero program (e.g., OpCos, regions, Supply Chain, Finance, Projects & Engineering, Corporate Affairs, etc.).
- Stay abreast of market developments (technical, regulatory, supply, commercial) to identify best technically and commercially viable solutions to OpCo
Your profile and competencies:
- Preferred education: Master degree in supply chain, economics, business administration, finance or procurement
- Work experience: > 7+ years in procurement or supply chain, having worked in international environments and diverse teams
- Required work experience in field / expertise: supply chain procurement, preference energy / sustainability experience
- Functional skills: Strong organizational and project management skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking. Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills through excellent written and verbal communication skills is essential. Ability to manage high level of complexity & category diversity
- Languages: English (Full Professional Proficiency)
What Heineken offers you:
Besides the opportunity to work for the recently confirmed “Most Valuable Brand” in the Netherlands, HEINEKEN offers working in a challenging, multicultural environment, where you will be motivated to bring in new ideas and insights. Next to that, HEINEKEN also offers you a very rewarding salary + bonus and excellent secondary benefits, such as 20 vacation days plus flexible budget to buy or get paid out on 10 days additional holidays, and a pension plan where HEINEKEN covers 2/3th of the costs.
Please contact our consultant, Sabine Derksen, on +31 (0)6 57740491 or via e-mail on email@example.com.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply before September 29 2023, via the button below mentioning reference code DH 8955 in your application. We require that your resume is in English.