Global Category Manager – Media
- Date: 10-Nov-2022
- Location: Amsterdam, NL
- Company: HEINEKEN
Purpose / Role
You will be the key partner to our Commercial colleagues in the field of Media. You will lead the relationship with our Agency Partners on Commercial, Contractual and Compliance-related matters and you will be part of the Marketing Services Team that leads all the ATL spend (Media, CMI, ATL). You will be the senior buyer in the media team.
Managing our working Media investment of €500mm+. Defining best practice Strategy, working in partnership with Global Commerce Teams and with 40+ OpCos to implement. There will be a particular focus on maximising the effectiveness of our Digital media investment and identifying the right partners to ensure we drive Value, Innovation, Transparency and Sustainability. Expertise in Programmatic media is highly preferred.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Development, communication and execution of the Global Media Procurement strategy in alignment with Commerce Leaders and their objectives;
- Forging strong relationships with our 40+ OpCos and with key stakeholders both inside HEINEKEN and across the wider media industry;
- Maximise efficiency and effectiveness of our Media Investment;
- Pro-actively enable transparency of spend;
- Drive the execution of media audits and media effectiveness benchmarking;
- Scope of Work and Fee negotiation with Agency Partners
- Partner in Global Media agency selection/pitch processes and contract negotiation;
- Define our approach to Sustainability and DEI in Media.
- Work experience:
- At least 10+ years working in Media, either on the client side as a Media Procurement Manager or Media Manager, or at a Media agency or major vendor.
- Regional and/or Global experience preferred.
- We are looking for an individual with a balanced set of hard and soft skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical mindset
- Strategic mindset but able to translate into action
- Media pricing and auditing
- Knowledge of Martech
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Education: A Degree from an accredited college or university (Bsc./Msc.) with emphasis on the areas of business, marketing, economics, finance procurement, or comparable professional education.
- Languages: Fluent English language required
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Embracing and celebrating diversity is core to HEINEKEN’s purpose of “brewing the joy of true togetherness to inspire a better world”. We believe that people as diverse as our brews – including and not limited to gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religious belief, nationality, social background, disability and thinking style – enrich our lives and strengthen our business. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates as we champion a culture of belonging that provides fair and equal opportunities for all.