Amsterdam, NL – Manufacturing & Supply – 3181 – Department: Global Finance – Reports to: Head, Direct/Indirect Purchasing
- Purchasing strategy creation and review for assigned spend categories
- Lead cross-site strategy implementation with cross-functional team
- Sourcing, tendering, negotiation and contracting
- Value measuring and reporting and target setting
- Stakeholder management
- Supplier assessment and performance management
- Review and recommend purchasing process improvement
- Drive change, matrix leadership and Continuous Improvement
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Benchmark current cost levels and KPIs, define purchasing strategies and lead purchasing projects/initiatives to the most effective and successful outcome
- Deliver against and improve upon key objectives of cost, service, quality and other targets
- Communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels and promote the profile of the purchasing function
- Initiate, encourage and implement new and innovative approaches to problem solving, project delivery and continuous improvement
- Facilitate the creation and delivery of the ‘One Norgine’ culture and participate in purchasing process development and team leadership activity
Complexity and Accountability:
The role involves the management of cross-functional activity in a multi-site, pan-European environment. Although global structures exist, stakeholder behaviours are often locally driven and must be managed accordingly. Strategic purchasing is not new but a limited understanding of the process exists in parts of the business. Change management is a key objective
The job holder is accountable for the management of key spend categories including the delivery of savings and supplier performance objectives.
Identifying and maintaining effective relationships is critical to this role as change as change must be managed across all markets and all functions in the business. The individual should have the ability to influence, engage and/or motivate stakeholders, operational users, governance committees and cross-functional team members
Knowledge, Skills and Location:
- A proven track record in delivery of effective category management in a multi-site, tactically driven environment is essential
- The role is likely to be located at global centres such as Harefield or Amsterdam but depending on circumstances can be situated at other sites
- There is some European travel (approximately one trip per month)
- A second European language is sought after but not a pre-requisite
Norgine is a leading European specialist pharmaceutical company that has been bringing transformative medicines to patients for over a century. Our commitment to transforming people’s lives drives everything we do and our European experience, fully integrated infrastructure and exceptional partnership approach enable us to quickly apply creative solutions to bring life-changing medicines to patients that they may not otherwise be able to access. Norgine is proud to have helped 24 million patients around the world in 2021 and generated €505 million in net product sales, a growth of 10% over 2020.
Norgine has a direct presence in 16 European countries, as well as Australia and New Zealand. We also have a strong global network of partnerships in non-Norgine markets. We are a flexible and fully integrated pharmaceutical business, with manufacturing (Hengoed, Wales and Dreux, France), third party supply networks and significant product development capabilities, in addition to our sales and marketing infrastructure. This enables us to acquire, develop and commercialise specialist and innovative products that make a real difference to the lives of patients around the world.
In 2012, Norgine established Norgine Ventures, a complementary business which supports innovative healthcare companies through the provision of debt-like financing in Europe and the US. For more information, please visit www.norgineventures.com.
NORGINE and the sail logo are trademarks of the Norgine group of companies. Norgine collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.