Reporting to the Global Category Manager (GCM) Capex, The Category Manager specialist is required to collect, screen, and analyse all Capex projects. They will support and assist the GCM to deliver value for money and innovation striving to achieve a world class procurement strategy to deliver genuine competitive advantage for DS Smith. They will be required to set up all analytical tools to support a TCO approach. The successful candidate will be required to master professional procurement practice anddeliver high quality solutions to meet the needs of the organisation. They will develop and lead with the GCM, both internal and external business relationships, in order to optimize procurement and cost for Partner, strategic and tactical suppliers.
- Requirements analysis and quantified cost reduction/improvement targets.
- Tracking, controlling, reporting all Capex projects
- Ensure compliance of all projects with group contracts/policy
- Implements appropriate supplier management plans and manages supplier reviews for preferred suppliers.
- Maximises DS Smith’s purchasing power to improve its competitive edge and to deliver best value.
- Follows and implements as required processes and procedures (including benchmarking) that ensure improved procurement performance.
- Develops and documents implementation plans that include comprehensive business requirements analysis and quantified cost reduction/improvement targets. Able to coordinate actions across international multi-functional teams to achieve objectives
- Identifies and develops new suppliers to support DS Smith and its customers.
- Holds regular review sessions with key internal customers and suppliers.
- Monitors and reports on activities and provides relevant management information
- Conducts procurement activity in accordance with stated ethics, CSR and other procurement and legal policies.
- High written and oral English capability
- University Graduate Preferred – post-graduate/Masters
- CIPS or EU equivalent desirable
- Ref DSS7298
- Land Nederland
- Locatie Amsterdam- Schiphol (NL)
- Werkgebied Inkoop
- Divisie Packaging
- Sluitingsdatum voor sollicitaties 4 November 2022