Netherlands, Schiphol – Local Commercial/Sales/Business Development – Last application date: 28/2/2022
No matter your dreams and ambitions, Maersk offers exciting career opportunities in a truly international working environment. When you join Maersk, the world becomes your workplace. You will feel the diversity and dynamics of our international business from day one. We commit to providing possible best development and career growth to all our employees through digitalized learning ways in order to keep them up with development of technological changing.
In Maersk we are on a vision to become The Global Integrator of container logistics – connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. You will join a truly ground-breaking journey striving to continuing to strengthen the focus to become a truly customer-centric company, serving our customers’ individual needs.
A career at Maersk means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business.
- An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
- Local and global career opportunities within the Group.
- A competitive salary package and benefits.
- Great atmosphere and working with best professionals.
As part of the Global Air Freight leadership team, this role is accountable for ensuring the deployment and execution of the Global Air Freight Procurement & Capacity management strategy.
- Define and roll-out the global/regional Air Freight procurement strategy incl Core Carrier strategy
- Lead negotiations around Air Freight rates / contracts / services / incentives with new and existing airlines
- Establish key contacts with Airlines and act as the global procurement communication lead
- Conduct regular QBR/MBR with core carriers
- Accountable for management and maintenance of capacity and carrier allocations (incl BSA performance)
- Manage and steer the entire global Air Freight organization with respect to core carrier adherence
- Define and monitor Performance levels / KPI monitoring for all carriers
- Set cost targets per carrier per route
- Lead and direct teams to work together with the gateways team to analyse and implement, when required, consolidation service opportunities for different trade lanes.
- Ensures seamless communication and alignment with Global, Regional and Area Air Freight Management
- Support Area organisations with Air Freight expertise and build bridges between Product, Operations and Commercial
- Support on sales visits / QBR’s / Deliver product knowledge
- Roll-out global initiatives and strategy
- Deliver product support material (presentations, flyers, movies, market updates etc).
We are looking for
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong connection with airlines
- Experience with procurement processes
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong customer focus
- Good interpersonal, communication and excellent negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills,
- Personality: passionate, result oriented, self-starter, well-structured, professional
“Transform your expertise into valuable solutions with Damco Freight Forwarding”. Damco is at the forefront of offering competitive, honest and reliable freight forwarding solutions. At all times we remain close to the beating heart of our customers no matter how big or small they are. With over 2,000+ people in over 40+ countries, we operate as a family network and are known for uncomplicating the complicated to provide effective and valuable solutions for our customers. For more information: https://www.damco.com
For further information, please contact: Alicja Popiela, firstname.lastname@example.org