Amersfoort, Netherlands – Full time
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and aquafeed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide.
Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for livestock farming and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and expertise for building its future.
Nutreco employs approximately 11,000 people in 35 countries with net sales of circa €7 Billion. Its two global company brands, Skretting (aquafeed) and Trouw Nutrition (animal nutrition), have sales in over 90 countries. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of SHV Holdings N.V., a family-owned multinational with net sales of circa €20 billion.
“Nutreco really embraces and feeds new technologies.” – Lucia Luijben, investment associate.
Procurement at Nutreco
Over 250 employees play critical procurement roles in the safe, ethical and sustainable supply of materials and services to support our mission of ‘feeding the future’. We have recently launched a ‘One procurement’ initiative and are investing in the function to enable the team to collaborate and innovate in our pursuit of the company’s mission. We are now looking for talented individuals to join us:
What’s the role?
Nutreco manufactures in over 100 production plants across the world where we pack our products mainly in bags, big-bags, buckets, cans, drums and Intermediate Bulk Containers with a spend of circa 90M Euros
In the position of Lead Buyer, Packaging you will report to the Global Category Manager Packaging and be part of the global packaging procurement team and play an essential role in maximizing Nutreco’s product and availability business growth by:
- Ensuring we select, contract and manage relationships with the appropriate supply base
- Source ethically and compliantly with a clear focus on sustainability
- Continually scan the market and introduce supply market innovation which could benefit Nutreco’s customers and/or Nutreco’s operational efficiency
- Develop and execute the packaging category plan delivering on the global projects within this
- Regularly engage with a Packaging community of Nutreco staff from local buyers to engineers across the globe to guide on the best way to source packaging at a local level
- Execute agree sourcing/improvement plan(s) on global, regional or local scale
- Ensures the packaging category delivers its annual Goals, like savings Goals, and specific KPI’s
- Coordinates all the necessary global/regional/local actions in case of major sourcing or service issues
- Ensures compliance with Nutreco Corporate Procedures and Policies
What we offer
- We will offer you a fulltime position, 40 hours per week
- Your position is classified in a Nutreco Hay scale;
- You will get 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limit amount of days;
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience -paid in 12 monthly payments- plus Holiday allowance in May;
- Responsibility for your own projects and potential development opportunities within the company.
What we ask
For this position we are looking for a candidate who has experience with international packaging sourcing ideally in the same or similar packaging sub categories
Given the dispersed nature of Nutreco you will be a strong collaborator and comfortable engaging and working with people from across the world. You are able to balance strategic thinking and direction setting with hands on delivery and coach others in the same.
You are able to manage your priorities independently, are organized and sensitive to deadlines. You are able to recognize situations that warrant attention and develop practical solutions.
You are analytical and able to effectively communicate (in written and spoken English) about your analysis and results. You are continually balancing the present with the future and are a pro-active problem solver. Being results oriented means you are committed to improvement delivery and in doing so are an excellent team worker. You enjoy travel and are keen to see other locations to learn and spread knowledge and experience around the globe.
Extra information / Apply direct
Are you the perfect candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button below and then clicking the button “apply online’’ on our website and we will contact you as soon as possible. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us!
For more information regarding this vacancy you can contact us. Just ask them to Arzu Sayin; email@example.com
Every day, Nutreco’s 12,300 dedicated employees in more than 37 countries across the globe relentlessly pursue our purpose of Feeding the Future in a way that ensures sustainability is front and centre in all we do. Our solutions go beyond nutrition – we provide best-in-class advice and technology to help our customers produce more food, in a sustainable way, to feed our growing population.
With over 100 years of experience, Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition through our Trouw Nutrition division, and in aqua feed through our Skretting division. Our NuFrontiers team works to identify, develop and invest in next-generation breakthrough innovations throughout the value chain.
Nutreco is proud to be part of the SHV Family of Companies, unifying over 50,000 people around the world.