- Date: 14-Jun-2022
- Location: Amsterdam, NL, 1062 KR
- Company: ICL Europe Cooperatief U.A.
About the role
In this role you will actively participate in the Technical Contractors sourcing activities with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining or improving quality or vendor service levels. You will work closely together with the Global Sourcing Managers who are responsible for the global sourcing strategy for a specific subcategory. Your focus will be split across long term projects such as assisting in preparing and coordinating bids as well as operational activities such as monitoring the purchasing process and negotiate with suppliers.
As Global Operational Buyer, you have a key role in our organization. You will interact with sites, suppliers and colleagues from all over the globe on a day-to-day basis. This position would be great for procurement career. Your goal will be to lead procurement of indirect services, strategic sourcing activities within the Contractors and Energy sub-category including Projects and MRO. A big part of the scope is for our locations in Germany and Israel. You will be working in a team of Sourcing Managers and Operational Buyers in this category. You will report to the Head of Indirect Contractors and Energy.
- Operation activities of Service Contract & MRO Services purchasing for ICL Site locations.
- Support Sourcing Manager for the capex procurement activities.
- Combine the role of Operational Buyer (main focus) and partly the role of Sourcing Manager (secondary focus).
- Carry out analysis of the data for better decision-making process.
- In charge of the operational / administrative part of the sourcing process.
- Issue purchase orders/call-offs.
- Address & solve issues during the sourcing process.
- Negotiate with suppliers of services.
- RFI/ RFQ process adherence.
- Assist the Global Sourcing Managers in preparing and coordinating bids, provide them with relevant information.
- Review, prepare, verify and/or approve financial and business transactions within established frameworks and guidelines.
To be successful in this role you have a Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field like Engineering with the right amount of relevant procurement experience that is needed to bring high quality procurement to this role.
In additional you bring the following:
- Capabilities of assessing category spend base and project management.
- Experience in working in an international environment and leading cross-function teams.
- Understanding of contractors and Capex supply markets.
- Strong negotiation skills and result driven personality.
- Excellent interpersonal, business acumen, communication and supplier relations skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a matrix management style organization.
- Languages: Excellent command of English is required. Additional language skills such as German, Dutch, Spanish is a benefit.
ICL European Headquarters, Koningin Wilhelminaplein 30, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
If you have any questions, please contact Vivian Boers at: +31 6 43204009