The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
- All posting locations: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Job Function: 02
- Procurement Department: 02 – 04
- Procurement Operations & Planning
- Date Published: 13-Jun-2022
- Job Type: Regular
Description & Requirements
We have a new job opportunity at our location in Amsterdam- we are looking to hire a Group Lead Global Procurement Production Productivity & Value Creation who will partner with various cross-functional partners (including Procurement- R&D- Operations- ESG team etc.) to lead the suppliers / External Manufacturers (EM) to enable Kraft Heinz sustainability- innovation- and efficiency agenda.
You will own the global DTV roadmap and be responsible to ensure that best practices are effectively shared and adopted across the business worldwide. Deliverables will include re-engineering of product specifications- contribution to product innovation efforts- identification project definition for cost-efficiency opportunities across value chains- accountability to implement target-cost value chains.
This role will have key accountabilities like:
- Design-to-Value approach (DTV)
- Ideation to Execution mentality
- Prioritize key deliverables with cross functional partners (internally & externally)
- Execution of strategic projects and supporting operating objectives for Procurement function across the zones
- Ensuring capabilities to implement procurement productivity strategies and value creation internally and externally
- Build- deliver- and implement the sourcing strategy for assigned category including analyzing market trends – identifying market developments and conduct category reviews to drive business understanding of these markets and how best to apply the capabilities of suppliers- external manufacturers- and industry developments to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external contacts to ensure efficient performance and to ensure customer happiness.
- Drive productivity and the implementation of projects and ensuring its implementation on the ground.
- Identify and implement novel and innovative means for reducing costs- improving quality- or otherwise improving total value for money.
- Professional guide to understand the opportunities and improvements in value engineering projects and successfully troubleshooting.
- Build and align a pipeline with the right collaborators.
- Contingency plans to secure supply shortages and meet business needs by identifying potential areas of opportunities and risk.
- Support to identify and develop potential new external manufacturers and suppliers.
- Establish trust and build effective business relationships with suppliers and external manufacturers for long-term partnership.
- Partner with R&D- operations- and other cross functional areas on projects driving cost optimization and cost value initiatives.
- Facilitate the Supplier and EM Collaboration program with the assigned set of critical suppliers to use their capabilities and achieve continuous improvement and bring innovation to the business while continuously building on this partnership.
- Create and champion effective supplier relationships & performance accountability including conducting business reviews and ensuring that monthly quality and service targets are achieved.
- Complete with the relevant collaborators the supplier selection process by identifying and developing suppliers capable of delivering products that meet or exceed KHC requirements- including upcoming innovation and sustainability commitments.
- Being able to communicate effectively and act as a professional leader internally and externally.
- 8+ plus years’ technical procurement experience and project management (having a background in Food Industry is a plus)
- Master’s degree preferred in Supply Chain or Procurement related area.
- Able to empower and inspire people to build cross functional partnerships- someone who is willing to focus and contribute.
- Daring- multifaceted individual with shown capabilities to coordinate- prioritize and lead multiple efficiency and effectiveness projects.
- Experienced in large-scale organizational change initiatives.
- Experienced in short- and long-term strategy development and execution.
- Needs to possess strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to lead conversations
- Ability to work with all levels internally and externally at a highly multifaceted environment.
- Expert in Microsoft Office- a good understanding of systems like SAP- ERP- etc.
- Hands-on mentality that wants to make a difference while developing her/himself
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race- religion- color- national origin- sex- gender- gender expression- sexual orientation- age- marital status- veteran status- or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process- to perform essential job functions- and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity