NL – Rotterdam – Posted 30+ Days Ago – Ref. R13477
In addition to managing the team and the function, you will also be personally responsible to work closely with the Network team in a close collaboration agenda.
You are part of a in a diverse supplier and stakeholder landscape, where you will have the opportunity to be part of the wider Feeders as well as larger Procurement Global Community, where coordination and learnings takes place.
You will have the opportunity to interact and work closely with Leadership teams in Centre functions, the Region, Commercial Areas, Operations teams in a highly dynamic, geo-politically sensitive and complex function and Geography.
- Leads, directs, evaluates, and develops the Feeder Procurement function;
- Ensures execution of the Project pipelines to reach annualized business goals;
- Develop, enhance and execute negotiation strategies towards our suppliers. Develop own and team capabilities to drive complex negotiations across supplier groups;
- Has responsibility for training and growing employees within the Feeder Procurement function to build organizational capability, talent, improves the way the team works;
- Close interaction with Contract Management through self and team, to ensure all agreements are realizing contractual values;
- Create, evolve and enhance stakeholder map – we work in a complex universe with internal plus external stakeholders, this role will be responsible to own that map for the Feeders and barges landscape;
- Driving professionalization of the Feeder Procurement function, including Feeder and Barges playbooks, Supplier Relationship Program, Supplier Performance & scorecards;
- Participate and Provides input to the network design based on market knowledge ensuring a cost-optimal deployment of assets; in line with contractual;
- Participate and Provides input to heads of logistics and services, Feeder and landside strategy;
- Support and Provides input to the Management team, execution teams, HQ central teams in order to drive a red thread through local and global initiatives, and improve synergies and implement global standards within contracts.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated leadership capability;
- Strong Negotiations skills, preferably within the Marine domain;
- Experience with digital procurement tools is preferred;
- Experience with ESG initiatives is a strong advantage;
- At least 8 years with shipping / feeders experience is preferred;
- Experience within Supplier Relationship Management & Contract Management;
- Excellent stakeholder management and communicator;
- Customer and process improvement mindset;
- Successful change management experience and mindset;
- Ambassador of company values and leadership behaviours in a visible manner;
- Demonstrated global trade & functional acumen;
- Ability to exercise impact with or without direct authority;
- High learning agility;
- Able to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to drive motivation & engagement within the team;
- Ability to constructively challenge the safe choice.
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.