Maersk in Europe is looking for a Head of Procurement to lead the Logistics and Services Procurement setup, based in either Copenhagen, Denmark or Haag, Holland.
Maersk are looking for an exceptional talent to lead our Logistics and Services Procurement team responsible for Europe. This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of a significant strategic transformation, and growth push in one of the world’s leading ocean and logistics companies.
Netherlands, Den Haag – Local/International Procurement – Last application date: 28/2/2022
The role will involve being responsible for managing a sizeable spend as well as an aggressive commercial growth agenda. This includes managing and developing the Area procurement team of 79 people and working closely with the Maersk commercial organization to drive organizational transformation and support the growth journey. The Role will report under the Global Head of L&S Procurement in Centre/Copenhagen. The role is co-located with the Region. In addition to the regional responsibilities the individual is also expected to elevate local area excellence to create and contribute towards global initiatives and best practises across all the areas.
The role requires very strong leadership skills as well as strong strategic understanding and planning abilities. Experience in supply chain management, contract and lead logistics, fulfilment services, landside transportation and procurement is expected. Awareness of cost drivers, market knowledge, digital experience will be highly valued as these skills will be key to succeed in the role.
The individual we are looking for must have strong communication skills, executive presence, and possess an ability to manage a large number of stakeholders at different levels & seniority both within and outside the Maersk organization. The individual must also possess the ability to forge strong vendor relationships within the scope of authority, and ability to develop strategic supplier relationship management programs across the area and region.
What is in it for you?
Working with the rapidly transforming Maersk organisation, being a part of the Global Maersk Procurement team, and the wider Maersk Procurement community. New, exciting possibilities for personal and professional development. You can be assured of a positive and diverse work environment where new ideas are always welcome! Furthermore, there is a great opportunity for a continued career path within the wider global community in Maersk.
Within our own and the larger team, you will enjoy support from colleagues and management who possess extensive experience in sourcing, digital excellence, cost management and liner business. In terms of personal development, this position polishes your ability to deliver results through internal and external stakeholders, which in this case are several and complex. Networking and interaction with Centre/Copenhagen as well as regional/global vendors.
A key role in Maersk Procurement is to drive Global Sustainability agenda. ESG is one of the strategic enablers for Maersk Procurement, and you will be joining a group of passionate people which want to be part of making the world a better place to be by help impacting thousands of our suppliers globally to drive sustainability outcomes.
So, is this what you might be looking for?
Ensure that every dollar spent is spent professionally and responsibly. This is achieved by understanding the specific needs and requirement to deliver to our customers. Achieving the right customer outcome and required service level from our supplier at the optimal operating expense and drive efficiency by applying procurement capabilities, processes and tools. The function aims to attain a competitive asset base for the future that is fully operational, at cost, on time. The scene comes with significant pressure to deliver the right customer outcome and service and optimise the value from our suppliers. How we overcome this challenge and catapult above our competitors is the ultimate question within the Region. This is your opportunity to join and make a difference to Maersk Logistics and Service busines development in Europe.
- Managing one of the largest Procurement teams. This will include team members sitting in several offices across the Region.
- Be responsible for owning and developing the Europe procurement strategy to meet the business needs. Translating the strategy into plan and execution.
- Partner with the Regional Product, Sales, Customer Service and Finance teams on long term plans, including growth projects and ensure alignment between commercial needs, customer experience, operational execution and cost.
- Significantly uplift and bind the Area Procurement Strategy to a Regional level and create a Regional view on strategic categories, in strong collaboration with the Regional L&S Director.
- Working closely in a Matrix organization that will involve harmonizing Regional procurement efforts with working closely with the
- Centre Procurement teams in close collaboration.
- Hold senior relationships with key strategic suppliers.
- Accountable for integrating Maersk Contract Management frameworks to help ensure compliance and best in class supplier performance.
- Driving a strong digital transformation agenda within automation of procurement activities as well as supplier engagement.
- Performing continuous improvement on supplier market analytics and creating a competitive edge for Maersk book of business through creating effective supply chains through our suppliers.
- Maintain and grow the relationship with the commercial Logistics and Services Regional directors and support Regional strategy development.
- Ensure Maersk has value and cost leadership in each of the cost categories in the various areas’ landside transportation, contract logistics & lead logistics to make us attractive for our customers in our service offering to them.
- We also expect the person in this role to collaborate closely with their counterparts in OCL / Ocean procurement to provide a seamless and strategic ‘one stop shop’ outcome to our customers, as part of Maersk’s integrator strategy, which in practise will bind the 4 pillars of transported, managed, fulfilled and powered by Maersk, as part of Regional procurement strategy.
- In the leadership role it will be key that the right candidate are able to engage and connect with the regional L&S Leadership and key stakeholders to truly continue the change process to become one with the business and grow alongside the L&S business growth agenda.
We are looking for
- 10 years of experience in Logistics, specifically landside transportation, Warehousing, Cold Chain, contract logistics and Supply chain management
- A Degree in a Business/Supply Chain Management or a related field is preferable
- Strong strategic mindset and planning abilities
- Proven Leadership experience, including team building capability
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to lead digital change and transformation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment
- High learning agility
- Ability to constructively challenge and bring change
Bring structure to a fast-moving procurement organisation/business, by driving standardization & continues process improvement
- Able to build and attract talent within the procurement and supply chain space
- Be a genuine leader which create strong collaboration within own procurement organisation and with the regional leadership team
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com All the way.