- Location: Hillegom, NLD
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: 25-11-2022
- Job requisition id: R-144741
We set science in motion to create a better world and have done so for over 100 years. Through our diverse and passionate global workforce of 14,000+ professionals – we’ve become a trusted provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Thanks to our global infrastructure, our team’s contributions reach many parts of the world and have a profound and positive impact on people’s lives.
If you want to help us solve the world’s most complex challenges and join an inclusive community that supports your career development – you belong here, with us. Apply now and help us forge new paths to create a better world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our team in Hillegom or Tilburg. In this position you will support the daily management of vendors, execute MRP transactions and many more!
You will work from Monday to Friday, office hours. You can either work from Hillegom or Tilburg but will be asked to travel to the other location once in a few weeks. Next to that, you can work from home with a max of 2 days a week.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supports the daily management of vendors including PO creation, confirmations and updates.
- Adjusts delivery dates, provides feedback to buyers regarding inventory position and runs reporting to populate vendor scorecards and helps facilitate monthly metric reviews.
- Utilizes the daily purchasing workbench to perform ERP system updates for master data fields in conjunction with AFH master data policy.
- Issues RMA’s and coordinates communication on discontinuation of raw materials.
- Executes MRP transactions to support buyers with PFEP, master data updates, part maintenance, and master data auditing and corrective actions.
- Manages indirect vendors including vendor managed inventory for consumables.
- Follows standard workflow established for the role and provides recommendations for improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, or Mathematics is preferred, but no requirement.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Buyer.
- Good skills with software’s s.a. MS Office, experience with Exact is an asset.
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and spoken.
- Accurate, teamplayer, flexible.
- Stress-resistant, pro-active, solution-oriented.
Benefits will depend on the Country of employment, our Talent Partners will clarify full details
- Commuting Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Reward Schemes
Avantor Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The collective talents and perspectives of our associates drive the good we create in the world – and why we are focused on building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. Ensuring every associate is empowered to grow, succeed and shape our evolving culture.
We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world.