International Logistics and Sourcing Coordinator126 x bekeken
Logistics | Amsterdam, Netherlands
Who we are
We are a dynamic, multicultural and mission-driven healthcare social enterprise, located in the heart of Amsterdam. We help patients in urgent need gain access to the latest medicines for f.e. oncological and neurological diseases that have been approved in another country, but are not yet available in their own country.
Patients find these medicines via our website and contact us to organize the purchase, importing and shipping with the help of our team.
The ideal International Logistics (and Sourcing) Coordinator is a team player and takes initiative, is passionate about what we do, and ultimately driven by the desire to help people and patients. You want to work at an innovative startup with a passion for achieving big goals and overcoming challenges. Our ideal candidate has the skills, knowledge and drive to build and grow our international, secured, and fast shipping and delivery processes for medicines.
- Job Title: International Logistics and Sourcing Coordinator
- Department: Sourcing and Logistics
- Location: Amsterdam
- Position: Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Date: ASAP
You will be responsible for the supply from the moment of placing a Purchase Order with our suppliers till delivery at our customer in one of our >80 countries we serve. You ensure the timely delivery of medicine shipments around the world, including cold chain and other specialist conditions. You take care of the appropriate packaging as well, ensure that logistical services are according to GDP standards (TheSocialMedwork is a registered wholesaler) as well as that all import regulations of the destination country are adhered to. You will be responsible for logistics partners and specialists, and have daily contact with our partner pharmacies, suppliers, local customs officials and the patients/ clients themselves.
You are also responsible for arranging and applying appropriate secured (often temperature-managed) packaging. This role includes administrational tasks to ensure a smooth and time and cost efficient logistical process and collaboration with our Access to Medicines Support and Sourcing team members.
Next to the main function of taking care of TheSocialMedwork’s logistics, you will be working closely with our Sourcing Manager, who you represent in her absence. You are familiar with the full supply chain and will cover for the sourcing of our medicines when needed. You are responsible to further build and maintain the international logistic network as well as to help establish the supplier network.
The logistics position is a vital function in our organisation to help the patients in need for medicines that they could not get in their home country, and you will be the lynchpin that ensures we deliver on our promise. As part of your role, you will help develop our service and seek better prices, better packaging, shorter delivery times, new systems, processes and better solutions in general. The ability to think out of the box is a key skill in a startup.
- Organise, monitor and secure international shipments to over 80 countries, including cold chain shipments and room temperature shipments
- Run a 24/7 track & trace system on every order
- Put in place packaging requirements
- Inform clients about the status of the shipments
- Budget responsibility on logistics
- Further develop and improve the logistics function
- Maintain our current relationships with logistics partners and build new ones.
- Cover on all sourcing tasks in the absence of the Sourcing Manager (asking and managing RFQ’s, placing PO’s)
- Responsible for Customer Delivery Satisfaction Score as well as Average Delivery Time Score
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Believe in our mission
- Previous experience of 2 - 4 years in a similar logistics and/or sourcing function
- Degree level or HBO level education
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be preferred
- Knowledge of temperature-controlled systems and supply chains preferred
- Regulatory and Customs experience and knowledge is a bonus
- Negotiation skills
- Fluent in English
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Hands-on mentality
- Work Permit for the Netherlands
- Live in Amsterdam or willing to move here, but we cannot organise the relocation
What's waiting for you
- A full-time role and the opportunity to further develop in a fast-growing startup
- An entrepreneurial and multicultural team environment with a team of 10 nationalities
- A startup with big goals, passion and a social purpose
- Work globally and get on a steep learning curve
- Dedicated personal development
- 25 days holiday per year
- Great work environment remotely and in the historic center of Amsterdam