International Procurement Assistant (2308)
Requisition ID 2308 – Posted 01/24/2023
Your road to success
Left or right, you give administrative support to the international procurement team and especially her buyers, for indirect spends. The team manages for over 40 million on year contracts including centralized IT sourcing and contracting. Your support is primarily on the admin during the P2P flow and contract management process, which are facilitated by automated systems for P2P as well as contract management. The process is designed based on the principles of the Mercedes Benz procurement Policy. Your role is to facilitate a proper usage of the process and admin support for the business owners to create the right input for a proper flow. You can do this as a procurement assistant with full focus on:
- supporting the category buyers in their sourcing and related administrative processing.
- manage contracts administration and follow up on e-signing.
- create and administer purchase requisitions.
- create price summary overview for PO’s to help the buyers and create overview.
- analyze and solve invoice issues.
Let’s talk Athlon
Hi there! We’re Athlon. The international market leader in modern mobility solutions and part of the Mercedes-Benz Group. With a rich history of more than a hundred years, you can conclude that we have already covered the necessary kilometers. Do we take that lead for granted? Absolutely not. It makes us more ambitious to provide even better personal service to our customers. Together with around 1,700 colleagues, we are shaping sustainable mobility. We’re proud of that. From vehicle leasing to fleet solutions and from electrification to contributions to the sharing economy.
Leave it to us
The team consists today out of an international procurement manager – indirect spend and an international procurement category buyer IT. You will report directly to the International procurement manager – indirect spend. The contracts, which are managed on international level, are mainly contracts with an international character suitable for at least more than one country. As the international office and the Athlon Netherlands are in the same market, we also work closely together in contracting and help each other in bigger spends and there we have the best knowledge available on bigger contracts. As we are bound to internal Mercedes Benz policies within the procurement area, within the department we are responsible to organize, shape and control our procurement processes and related systems (P2P and contract management) in a compliant way. Besides this, we have a coordinating role towards the countries in terms of helping and reaching out to the countries to improve and align our internal procurement processes as much as possible according our policies.
“You are welcome in this international and dynamic group of colleagues. Our Procurement department is fully in development. All ideas for further improvement are welcome and frequently acted upon. You can grow in your personal and departmental development in a small team.” – Peggy Hermans, Procurement Support Coordinator.
Motivation has four wheels
Become the best version of yourself. Very normal at Athlon, because all our colleagues run on a healthy dose of ambition. What do you take with you as procurement assistant for 32 of hours per week? Absolutely your communications skills, assisting internal clients and a flawless administration is your driving spirit. You also have the drive to work in a small team with lots of interactions and you like to learn and improve your work processes continuously. In addition, you have:
- relevant MBO+/HBO education.
- at least 3 years working experience in procurement administration.
- familiarity with contract lay outs,
- good understanding of text and context and are able to translate them into order requests.
- the ability to work independently, and prioritize the work after urgency.
Always on the move
Athlon is always on the move, just like you. To grow in our rapidly changing world, we are constantly looking at how you can get the best out of yourself every day. Creating an optimal workplace that fits you is an important part of this. In addition to building an (international) career, as a procurement assistant, based on 32 hours per week, you can count on a:
- gross yearly salary up to € 50.505,19 (including holiday allowance and 13th month).
- employee budget of € 395,79 gross per month (this is used, for example, for a mobility scheme, extra salary, extra leave days or pension investment).
- contribution-free pension.
- potential bonus up to 10% of your annual salary including holiday allowance and 13th month (the bonus is 100% based on Mercedes-Benz company results).
- thirteenth month.
- holiday allowance of 8% and at least 26 vacation days.
- 12-month contract with the prospect of permanent employment.
- an extended working from home package.
- laptop and mobile phone.
- Benefits at Work (you can save a lot of money thanks to nice discounts on fashion, electronics, days out and more).
- vitality plan
social involvement is important to us, therefore, you can spend two working days annually volunteering for a local charity. We facilitate this via our Social Impact platform, where you can participate in or initiate ideas for volunteer projects. Would you like to know more about our Corporate Social Responsibility? Read more here. There you can also download the 2021 CSR report.
Route to your new job
So procurement assistant, get behind the wheel yourself. Go for supporting the international procurement team with admin operations during the P2P flow and contract management process. How? Apply before 7th of February 2023. After this date, this vacancy is closed.
Do you have any questions about the vacancy or application procedure? Our recruitment team is more than happy to help you via 036-5474207. We are getting you there.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.