Jr. Analyst Sourcing & Buying Process Development66 x bekeken
About the Company
PVH Corp. (“PVH”) has grown exponentially from its 1881 roots to become a global company with revenues of over $8 billion by successfully growing brands globally through a strategic combination of wholesale, retail and licensing operations throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
In less than a decade, PVH has experienced a tremendous amount of change that has redefined the identity, culture, performance and potential of the Company – first with the successful acquisition of Calvin Klein in 2003 and then with the addition of Tommy Hilfiger in 2010. Through these transformative acquisitions, we have secured our position as one of the largest global apparel companies, with a diversified portfolio of iconic lifestyle apparel brands, led by Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger. We are a company transformed, focused on global growth while staying true to our core values.
We grow global brands. PVH leverages a diversified portfolio of brands – including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, and Bass – and markets them globally. Our operational expertise, dedicated team of associates and leaders, and commitment to each brand's core values, allow us to gain market share as we pursue new markets and product categories globally.
The Business Process Development department is part of Central Operations, and works with all product divisions for two main brands in PVH Europe, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein. The department drives synergies and streamlines processes and tools across the product divisions to raise efficiency and drive profitability. It acts as a link between divisions and IT to fulfill training needs, provide tools and new developments in the area of Merchandising, Sales, Markets, Vendors and Purchasing.
The Department also works cross-functionally with other teams in Central Operations, Brand Merchandising, Central Retail, Buying Offices and International Markets departments.
The person supports the Sourcing & Buying colleagues in guiding and training the divisions to work in an aligned way in regards to buying and planning, and Purchase Order (PO) creation and management. He/she actively shares best practice between the divisions and functions as a bridge between divisions and IT.
The role will report directly to the Manager, Sourcing & Buying Process Development. There will be a close cooperation with IT, divisional buying and operations teams, Brand Merchandising, Central Supply Chain and Central Operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Gives training and provides second level support to Super Users in the product divisions
- Key User in the purchasing area for a broad spectrum of purchasing processes and applications
- Analyses and suggests improvements for cross divisional processes throughout the supply chain, in all areas of PO creation and sourcing
- Supports process alignment across divisions and enables cross divisional best practice sharing
- Responsible for developing and testing new developments or changes to sourcing and buying processes
- Participate in cross functional projects as a subject matter expert on team topics
- Works closely together with other Business Process Analysts to ensure alignment with other systems and applications
- Works closely with IT on sourcing and buying related topics
- University degree in business, supply chain management or similar from an internationally minded Business School
- 1-2 years of working experience, preferably in fashion/retail or consultancy, ideally with a focus on demand planning, purchasing or related supply chain areas
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Good analytical skills, ability to understand and map complex (supply chain) processes
- Good communication skills, strong team player with excellent social skills
- Affinity with systems and applications, and linking these to business processes
- Excellent MS-Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint and ideally Visio)
- Knowledge of SAP and/or GT Nexus is an advantage
- Ambitious, highly motivated and able to perform in a hectic work environment
- Ability to handle uncertainty and change
- Problem solver and ‘can do’ mentality
- Strong team player who values a casual and fun work environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
DEPARTMENT: GLOBAL HQ, OPERATIONS
LOCATION: AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS