Lead Buyer239 x bekeken
Specialismes: Indirect spend
Requisition ID 27023
Netherlands - Heerlen
Indefinite - Full Time
Corporate Departments - DSM Sourcing
Spend Area: Indirect
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Do you want to have a large impact on the sustainability mission of DSM? Within a company that has topped the Dow Jones sustainability index for the last decade and is praised by Fortune magazine as one of the frontrunners on their list of “Companies that Change the World”?
Sounds interesting? Then we have an opportunity for you: come join our organization and work on further improving our leading-edge sustainability mission and be challenged!
For our team in Heerlen, we are looking for a Lead Buyer
A lead buyer captures all indirect external spend for his/her sites and projects in the Hub/Site and services the Hub/Site by implementing the approved (category) sourcing strategies, within corporate requirements and guidelines, in order to ensure results on all KPI’s as defined with business groups and service units, and to contribute to the overall result of DSM.
The Lead Buyer for the vacant position will mainly cover the facility goods & services and ICT services spend for the Headquarter office located in Heerlen, although Lead Buyer activities for other spend clusters and sites may be applicable as well.
DSM Sourcing is a professional organization supporting DSM businesses to generate sustainable profit by developing, coordinating, and executing state of art purchasing processes on a global scale.
DSM Sourcing Indirect, part of DSM Sourcing, is an integrated global purchasing organization for indirect goods and services. With central steering and regional service, we will realize the associated benefits:
- Close cooperation with the business groups and service units (customer focus)
- Substantial purchasing performance that hit the EBIT line
- An attractive professional environment to work in (value adding business partner working in one global team at a world class cost level)
The focus for the Lead Buyer is on capturing all Indirect spend for his/her area in the Hub, co-developing and executing an aligned souring plan for the Hub/Site, and supporting and challenging category management in order to strive for maximum Hub/Site profit and service.
- To act as a first point of contact for all stakeholders, coordinating and re-directing all purchasing activities.
- To capture all Indirect spend for his/her site(s) and define the relevant approach, aligned with the (category) sourcing strategies, and to write a purchasing plan for those sites.
- To serve his/her stakeholders: using DSM (preferred) contracts, executing competitive bids, spot buying or coordinating specification-sourcing process towards category management.
- Implement the (category) sourcing strategies for his/her sites by identifying opportunities, initiating and executing strategic sourcing projects, conducting fact-based contract negotiations up to a spend level of 500K Euro’s and subsequently leading the implementation of these contracts.
- Define and lead cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Develop and manage relationship with suppliers and track/develop their performance.
The Lead Buyer is authorized to;
- Conclude and implement contracts with a value up to 500K Euro’s within proxy.
- Within the realm of the category strategies, the Lead Buyer determines the optimal supply base for his/her sites.
- Lead Cross Functional Teams
- Manage and lead supplier performance improvement projects.
The site Lead Buyer reports to the Hub Manager for the Europe1 region. The Lead Buyer for this vacancy will mainly cover the facility goods & services and ICT services spend for the Headquarter office located in Heerlen, although Lead Buyer activities for other spend clusters and sites may be applicable as well. Executing the Lead Buyer activities will require close alignment with business and service unit (DSM Headquarters) stakeholders, category managers, operational buyers and contract performance managers.
From a behavioral point of view any candidate needs to demonstrate:
- The ability to understand stakeholder needs and connect supply market opportunities to those needs.
- To continuously look for opportunities to add value and to improve.
- A result mind set ensuring consistent performance versus targets.
- Able to mobilize, inspire, and lead cross functional teams. To be able to interface/connect at multi-organizational levels
- Conduct the buying activities in a disciplined and compliant manner.
Background & Experience
- Education at university level, preferably in Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of the categories in terms of facility, professional and ICT goods & services and contracts is preferred
- Recognized qualification in purchasing.
- Substantial professional experience (>3 yrs.) in purchasing (Indirect), business intelligence or marketing & sales
- Excellent communication skills (mandatory in English and Dutch)
- Negotiation and contracting skills
- Change management capabilities, including business partnering skills and the ability to obtain commitment and deliver on the promises to stakeholders
- Market knowledge of the facility goods & services field, especially professional services like HR services and consultancy services
Are you up for the challenge? Than get ready for action:
Apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. Please be so kind to use the link provided. For additional questions you can contact, Brahim Dagdaoui / Recruitment Business Partner (email@example.com).
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com.Bronlocatie van deze vacature