- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills;
- A proven track record leading a team successfully in highly complex projects;
- Managing significant business growth targets for the coming years;
- Permanent position (location Almelo) with business impact;
- Besides Almelo, working on location in Gronau (Germany).
Our client URENCO is an international and trusted supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation.
URENCO was founded over 50 years ago and employs approx. 1600 motivated fte’s worldwide and is recognized as a very stable and inspiring company. URENCO believes that nuclear power is an essential part of the current and the future energy mix. The orderbooks for 2030 are filled and URENCO is ready for substantial additional growth in the years ahead.
The environment of URENCO is the opposite of fast paced. This is all about long term strategy, by timely responding on numerous influencing factors, asking the right question, engineering new technology and finding sustainable solutions. As a result, the URENCO environment is highly strategic.
To anticipate on the continuously changing society needs, the international imaging and the regulations, URENCO is now looking to strengthen their global procurement organization with some of the best procurement professionals that excel on communication and influencing competencies. Procurement professionals who can make the difference and add value to the existing team.
About the vacant position
The Lead Senior Buyer will provide leadership to the Capital Projects Procurement Team, representing Group Procurement in the UK / NL / D / USA. The role holder will also provide local commercial management of Capital Project Procurement Strategies and activities acting as the Team
Key responsibilities include:
- This is a dual role operating within a matrix organization providing day to day management of the local procurement team;
- Performance manage the delivery of individuals targets in the local team in cooperation with Capital Project Procurement Manager;
- Manage the relationship between Group Projects, Group Procurement and local site teams. Ensuring that Procurement is fully engaged with the site and there is joint alignment of objectives. Build SME relationships to manage spend locally;
- Ensure local P2P service levels are managed by making resources available as necessary and helping prioritization, liaising with the Operations Team Lead to improve efficiency of the process;
- Select contracting methodologies and suppliers, executing contracts to deliver the objectives of major/complex capital investment projects.
About your profile
- University Degree (or equivalent);
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent);
- Experience with EPC method (project planning, cost control, purchasing management and the yard organization) in highly complex projects (essential);
- Commercial Management of an area of spend in a category management environment (essential);
- Team leadership in a matrix type organization (essential);
- Management of senior stakeholder relationships (essential);
- You can work autonomously (essential);
- Large complex capital projects procurement experience (€100m+) (desirable);
- Large project coordination experience (desirable).
About the package on offer
URENCO offers an interesting remuneration package including excellent secondary benefits.
For questions regarding this vacancy please contact one of our consultants: Mr. Martijn Dekkers on +31 (0)6 82062507 or email to email@example.com.
Then please apply via the button below mentioning reference code DH 8486 in your application. We require that your resume is in English, and we require a specification of your current package and notice period. Naturally, all information you provide will be dealt with in the utmost confidentiality.