Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,000 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2021 revenues of approximately $10.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
The EMEA Logistics Procurement Managers are responsible for leading complex supplier relationships which will often include suppliers that cross regional boundaries . Logistics Procurement Managers ensure leading cost to serve within regional logistics and serves as key contributors to Logistics strategy and Network Optimization initiatives.
- Develop procurement strategy for assigned categories
- Includes understanding business needs
- Market analysis of the industry
- Short term and long-term view
- Procurement Plans
- Strategies can be global in nature and require extensive collaboration with colleagues and supplier contacts that are ex-USA
- Eastman subject matter expert on the category:
- Including understanding financial and operational performance of suppliers
- Develops innovative options to achieve business needs
- Negotiation of Contracts to support strategies
- Develop a variety of options to meet current and future business needs
- Develop & foster a relationship network within the suppliers
- Acts as the custodian of cost to serve
- In conjunction with Logistics Performance Specialist, drive SRMs for key suppliers
- Communication with SC and other conduits to business as appropriate
- Part of escalation chain for performance issues and crisis management
- Collaborate with rate auditing on invoice issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategically focused
- Critical Quick Decision Making
- Options Development
- Highly skilled in relationship management
- High level of accountability & responsibility
- Has the ability to influence teams of people without having direct authority over those groups.
- Excellent communication skills(verbal and written), highly collaborative, and promotes global cross functional team work.
Qualifications & experience
- Master with minimum of 5 years progressive experience in procurement of logistics services for the chemical industry, with proven track record in procurement of road rail intermodal transportation.
- Experience with managing complex, multi-stakeholder transformational projects is an advantage.
Please send your application using the apply button only. Pitch us in 3-5 sentences why you are the right candidate.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.