Manager Procurement110 x bekeken
At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
At our office in Amstelveen, you will find that we offer a friendly and collegial atmosphere where ethics and integrity are highly valued. You will also notice the creative and innovative drive of our people, which has formed the basis of our success throughout our many years of existence. In our Global Procurement team we are currently looking for a temporary:Manager Global Procurement
(maternity leave cover)
- The Manager will be responsible for multi-category management and sourcing activities in E(URO)MEA region with focus on Marketing, Logistics, Corp. Services and other spend categories across Mattel.
- Key areas of Marketing include, but are not limited to, managing regional sourcing of In-Store Merchandising materials (POP, Shelf Dressing & other retail decorations), Print and other agencies for Marketing Services for various Mattel Brands and Business Units.
- Other spend-categories require the management of various areas with high strategic importance such as: Lease Cars, and European travel agencies.
- Also, providing input into globally managed initiatives such as Localizations agency, Translations project, other.
- This role manages and helps to development dedicated intern.
Key areas of focus:
- Lead European cross functional teams driving cost, quality, service, technology, and innovation efficiencies through stakeholder engagement using data and spend analysis
- Develop and manage end-to-end RFI/ RFPs spanning from creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process through vendor selection, in collaboration with an Integrated Sourcing Team (IST) to build consensus, resolve conflict, lead and provide guidance on negotiation tactics and planning with vendors, drive project activity through the communication of expectations, creation and enforcement of deliverables, and management of issues/risks
- Partner with Legal team on supplier contract negotiations to ensure cost savings targets are achieved and internal stakeholder requirements are incorporated in all new agreements
- Coordinate on global projects and share best practices with the Global Indirect Procurement team’s activities to drive synergies and improve effectiveness of the group
- Develop recommendations to the GP Leadership team to support strategic improvements and increase GP engagement across key categories.
- Drive usage of the new Ariba e-sourcing platform and become a key power-user
- Provide supervision to the EU GP Intern in their daily tasks as well as supporting the development of their general business and operational skills as part as on-going process during internship year
This role is vital to ensuring that Mattel continues to gain momentum towards truly becoming a World Class Strategic Sourcing organization which will drive further operational efficiencies across the globe via sustainable cost discipline and revenue growth platforms.
Experience, Education & Skills Required Skills:
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical and soft intern-personal skills
- Proven track record of building both internal and external relationships
- Experience working closely with and frequently presenting to senior management
- Financial acumen
- Experience developing contract terms with legal
- Strong ability to influence
- Excellent verbal/written skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Power Point & Excel
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- BA/BS (Business, Finance, and/or Operations/Supply Chain preferred)
- Willingness to travel (position may require up to 15% travel)
- Strong customer service background
- Experience leading/managing a team
- Knowledge of Ariba and Oracle also a plus
- MBA preferred but not required
We offer a fulltime, temporary position for 6 months (January - June) with a competitive salary. At Mattel we deeply value a healthy work-life balance. In our Amstelveen office we therefore offer 30 vacation days, plus 3 discretionary ‘Mattel Days’. It is optional to work a schedule that allows you to have the Friday afternoons off. Commuting expenses will be reimbursed (capped). We offer a collective health insurance and a solid pension plan. We also provide a partially sponsored gym membership at a local top class fitness center along with toy discounts at our onsite toy shop. The dress code at our office is business casual.
Are you ready to play your part within our exciting and international environment? Then we look forward to your application! Please make sure to clearly motivate your application to help us gain a deeper understanding of how your background, ambition and personality fits to this role and in which aspects you still find a challenge for yourself.
Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 172596
Location: Europe - Amstelveen
Zip Code: 1186MJ
Job Categor: Global Procurement-Indirect
Apply to job