As a Manager Project Procurement you lead the Project Procurement team, which consists of 9 Project Purchasers and you have a functional responsibility towards the Procurement colleagues located in Gdansk, Poland (4 FTE)
The Project Procurement team is part of the Damen division Mid-Sized Vessels (MSV) and this division represents one of the four ship-newbuild domains of Damen Shipyards, alongside Workboats, Yachting and Naval.
MSV focuses on selling, designing, engineering, building and the commissioning of mid-sized vessels, These are characterized as technologically complex, ETO (engineered-to-order) and built as one-off or in limited series in a wide variety of Product Market Combinations.
In this role you will manage the Project Procurement team, develop and maintain procurement processes and you are responsible for maintaining supplier relationships on a management level.
The Manager Project Procurement reports to the Manager Supply Chain MSV.
The Supply Chain departments are organized within each of the divisions. They are supported by an Expertise Center Procurement of the Damen Group to cooperate on multi-divisional topics and alignment of supplier decisions.
As a Manager Project Procurement you will be:
- Leading and coaching the team. Supporting the team members in negotiating and relationship management;
- Negotiating with suppliers on a management level when required;
- Being QLTCR (Quality, Logistics, Time, Cost, Risk) accountable for the supply chain activities of the Project Procurement team;
- Developing and maintaining KPI’s and measuring Project Procurement performance;
- Supporting the Procurement team in Gdansk on functional level (processes, work instructions, KPI’s);
- Being responsible for compliance by the Project Procurement team;
- Contributing to formulating the MSV Supply Chain strategy and developing the Supply Chain department plan;
- Signaling and analyzing relevant procurement developments with regard to market, suppliers, prices, cost developments and opportunities;
- Managing and arranging the assessment, selection and performance of existing and new suppliers;
- Continuously seeking for improvements of procurement processes, procedures, tooling and systems;
- Identifying potential improvements regarding productivity, quality and (cost) efficiency of the supply chain.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this role you have:
- Completed a technical and/or commercial Bachelor or Master degree;
- NEVI II;
- 5-10 years experience in Procurement in (large) project-based environment;
- preferably 1-3 years experience in leading a team of professionals in the Procurement or Supply Chain area;
- Relevant work experience within Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is a plus;
- Excellent negotiation skills with respect for supplier relationship;
- Experience with developing, implementing and optimizing processes with and across teams is a plus;
- Experience with an ERP system (preferable IFS and/or SAP), PowerBI and MS Office (Teams, Sharepoint, Excel);
- Able to travel for about 10-15% of the time, including traveling abroad.
We are looking for a Manager with good communication skills (both Dutch and English are a must!), team building skills and an analytical and result driven mindset. In this role we need you to be service-oriented and supportive.
WHAT WE OFFER
An assessment and pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
We want to make sure you are comfortable in your role, so we will support you to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that’s why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Varied work in a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A work from home policy;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) by calling him: 06-10265593.
Damen Mid-sized Vessels does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered. #LI-GE2