OTT HydroMet is a global leader in hydrology and meteorology sensors, stations, and intelligent networks.
Our solutions provide valuable insights that help Water and Weather Experts protect lives, the environment and infrastructure. We serve customers worldwide with Sales and Service coverage in more than 90 countries and production facilities in the United States, Germany and The Netherlands. To achieve our ambitious goals, we hire diverse talent that shares our Core Value of “The Best Team Wins”. We invest in the development of our associates and provide them with opportunities for career advancement to help realize their full potential. Learn more about OTT HydroMet at www.otthydromet.com. OTT HydroMet is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, a global science and technology innovator and #160 on the list of Fortune 500 companies.
OTT HydroMet – Location Delft, Netherlands – Category Supply Chain & Logistics – Job Id R1197274
If you thrive in making a positive impact on the world in a high-expectations environment where challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvement is the way of life – then we are the company for you. We are seeking an operational buyer who is passionate about driving customer stratification, supply continuity and operational excellence to the business. Make a difference – join us and contribute to our important work helping protect lives and the environment.
As an operational buyer, you will be responsible for purchasing goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met. Negotiate price, ensure adherence to quality standards, and ensure on-time delivery to ensure continuity of supply chain.
- Makes independent decisions to place and maintain purchase orders (including long-term contracts), handles call-offs to support ongoing material supply
- Manages supplier quality & on-time-delivery (OTD) performance and develops improvement plans to maintain uninterrupted production
- Predicts and resolves site-specific material planning issues and take up immediate actions in the event of material shortages & supply risk
- Negotiates with suppliers to attain the lowest possible total cost
- Works with strategic procurement team to identify re-sourcing and cost-reduction opportunities, to build long-term partnerships with strategic suppliers
- Manage inventory levels to achieve yearly turn rate while improving customer service levels
- Resolve and escalate blocked supplier invoices
- Develops supply plans that take into account forecasts, availability of material and manufacturing capacity, identifies and maintains the appropriate planning parameters in ERP system
- Actively engages with the operation team and key stakeholders, provides a high level of responsiveness and communication as it pertains to supply chain needs
- Apply Danaher Business Systems (DBS) tools. (e.g., Daily Management, Standard Work, PSP – Problem Solving Process, Kaizen, Kanban, IMAG – Inventory Management at Gemba) to identify and close gaps in planning processes, to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or supply chain, or engineering, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in procurement, and/or supply chain in a manufacturing Industry
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) and analytical skills with the ability to manage supplier relationships
- Flexible, Team Player and Customer-oriented
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, including MRP, inventory management, and planning systems
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Dutch is a plus.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.