- Location: NL – Rotterdam
- Posted on: 16-8-2022
- Job requisition id: R8707
Are you looking for the next step in your Procurement career? Do you have an interest in how to procure innovative logistics solutions to best deliver our customers’ needs? Then being a Procurement Analyst within the Logistics and Services Team at Maersk could be for you!
Logistics & Services Procurement is a fast-growing, international team within Maersk. Co-located with our operational colleagues to foster close co-operation, you will be responsible for supporting and executing sourcing projects for the region that reduce cost, increase profitability, drive innovation and/or enhance efficiency. As a Procurement Analyst you will play a pivotal role in providing innovative procurement solutions designed for our local business needs, running sourcing projects and driving contractual compliance. Cooperating with a broad variety of stakeholders is part of the daily job: internal stakeholders in Maersk, Hamburg Sud and all brands; as well as suppliers. Position is based in Rotterdam.
Maersk offers a fast paced, stimulating and truly international atmosphere with activities globally. As part of a global network, you will be working closely together with the number of internal stakeholders: delivery teams, equipment, product teams, finance and commercial team, and other procurement managers. Working for Maersk means working in an environment that encourages and supports high performance. You will work with colleagues in a large variety of positions and roles enabling you to build a great network within Maersk Group. Your package includes a competitive base salary, company performance based bonus and 29 days of annual leave.
- Manages or supports procurement projects, as per the Six Souring Steps across a wide range of procurement areas with responsibility for Benelux and the wider North West Continent Area
- According to authority level, manage, handle or participate in negotiations for logistics & services contracts, tariffs and Service Level Agreements within your scope.
- Act as an escalation point internally towards suppliers (and vice versa)
- Calculate and plan to maximise contractual values and mitigate risk
- Cooperating closely with colleagues and stakeholders within the operations centre, across Maersk Line, Hamburg Sud and other brands, Centre Inland, Inland Network Design, Network & Product, and other Regional centres.
- Tactical & ad hoc Procurement activities within the region (providing local solutions by applying local knowledge)
- Participate in cross functional EUR OCL (Europe Ocean Customer Logistics) projects
- Perform supplier market analysis and organise market intelligence for suppliers in scope and benchmark Maersk Business costs with competition and ensure we are cost competitive
- Support profitable Inland Growth Initiatives
- Facilitate root cause analysis for non-performing contracts
- Supports the procurement activities within our owned and outsourced cold store and warehousing operations
- Participate in Annual Priority, Joint Cost Plan initiatives, and other cross functional projects
We are looking for
- Preferable +3 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
- Negotiations skills;
- Experience with digital procurement tools will be an advantage;
- Stakeholder management and good communication skills;
- Comfortable with working in an ambiguous environment, with an agile mindset;
- Customer and process improvement mindset;
- Preference for market knowledge in landside transportation and/or logistics and services procurement and/or cold chain and contract logistics within Benelux or Germany;
- Ability to exercise impact with or without direct authority;
- Ability to constructively challenge the safe choice;
- Business English is essential, Dutch language prefable.
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
All the way.