- Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
- Categorie: Procurement
- Posted Date: 08/23/2022
- Werkuren: 40
- DHL Supply Chain (Netherlands) B.V.
Job responsibilities as a Procurement and Product Development Manager
As part of the centralized DHL Supply Chain Benelux Transport organization, you are driving the procurement process related to the transport business unit. You have an instrumental role here to support the organization on having privileged access to vendors to negotiate the best agreements. You are also leading initiatives related to product management to pilot innovative solutions linked to our ESG agenda. The Procurement and Product Manager reports into the Transport Commercial Lead. He/she is an individual contributor.
How will you contribute to the success of DHL?
Procurement activity – he/she:
- Carries out and coordinates indirect local purchasing activities and operations, such as sourcing, negotiating and contracting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, and lead negotiations. Applies the most favorable negotiating strategies for the company.
- Negotiates contract or agreements terms and conditions with local suppliers, prepares or reviews draft versions of contracts or agreements and follows up their validation and signature according to the predefined purchasing authority matrix and approval process.
- Reviews purchase requisition completeness and identify suppliers shortlist to be consulted. Sends RFQ to suppliers in collaboration with the internal GBS team, monitors quotations reception develops and validates the comparative statement and follows up the final supplier’s selection according to predefined purchasing rules.
- Identify opportunities to bundle spending, to take common initiatives, to synergize and consolidate spending.
- Report up-to-date and consistent saving status and forecast.
- Engage with Corporate Procurement & internal stakeholders to ensure proper classification of category spending.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to understand current and future business requirements, strategy, challenges, and opportunities and proactively address them, ensuring business and procurement objectives alignment.
Product management he/she:
- Develops innovative solution to offer a green transport product
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Drive the roll-out of innovative product with our supplier base and with the internal stakeholders (site, Ops Ex, finance etc)
- Be the subject matter expert linked to the product across the Benelux organization to facilitate its adoption within the organization
- Create buy-in for the product both internally and with key external partners
What does DHL have to offer you as a Procurement and Product Development Manager?
- A fulltime job (40 hours per week)
- A very competitive salary based on your experience
- 25 vacation days
- Possibility to buy up to 8 extra vacation days
- Pension plan
- Travel cost reimbursement
- Cao a la carte: a personal budget that you can spend as you wish. You can convert it into vacation days (maximum 6) or have the amount paid monthly on top of your salary. You can also use it to pay for a gym membership.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, supply chain, business management or another relevant field with 3+ years of work experience
- Relevant work experience in a procurement role within a multinational organization
- Knowledge of Benelux transportation market (parcel carriers and trucking companies)
- Exposure to the Supply Chain industry
- Interest for sustainable and innovative transport solution
- Knowledge of product management
- Knowledge of Life Science sector is a plus
- Fluency in English AND Dutch, both oral and written
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholders management skills
- Attention to detail and high accuracy is critical
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Achieve your ambitions
Would you like to grow to great heights with DHL Supply Chain? Apply by clicking on the button below and then on the job button, sending in your CV and motivation.